1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against A PvP Oriented Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by LordFungi, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    The economy aspect of it was also really fun, especially in the early game when trading required you to trek with your valuables to meet whoever happened to be offering.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    personally, i think if we made a modpack, if there was a way to prevent "newb-stompers", it would make for a very fun pvp server. the one thing i always hated about pvp servers were that they always had a group of end-game players camping spawn. if there was a way to prevent that, it'd be great. one idea i like is relating to Runescape's Wilderness (for pvp, a dimension set aside for it with lootables and dungeons) then the main build world for peace or arena battles.[DOUBLEPOST=1491335696][/DOUBLEPOST]the seperate world could be designed in a certain way so that dungeons could not spawn in the build world, and certain tiers of mods would be gated behind reaching this particular dimension and finding resources in dungeons.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. hunterguy24

hunterguy24 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:24 PM
    id say you could just add pvp zones/dimensions to already existing packs.
    a modpack simply for pvp just isnt going to work, never has it worked out well, not even on the most popular servers.
    most mc players dont enjoy pvp, its not what mc is about. and if they do want to pvp, they'll go to vanilla servers ment for pvp.

4. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    The idea of having a limit on the players you can attack, similar to the combat level system in Runescape, may also be an option to avoid newb-stomping.

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ^ as i suggested in my post. it's a good system. leaving and going farther into this "Wilderness" is more rewarding, however more dangerous.

6. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    While i like that idea, having a seperate world could lessen the chance of finding anyone. The Farmworld is alright, but it lacks the structures and dungeons that appear in the overworld (for some reason, i think there would be a fix in 1.10 about that). But, having an overworld with a two areas could be a solution. Around the standard world border that MyM has for all servers would be the build area where factions could set up shop, but you could walk past that into a no-claim zone (aka Wilderness) where the difficulty curve spikes every few hundred blocks with mobs becoming tougher and loot becoming more rewarding up to about however far the actual world border is.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    that could work too, and would force some players to work together. that or create one small base for themselves. obviously no raiding. and yeah, i like the ability to make mobs more powerful the farther out you go (and more powerful mobs spawn) and we could utilize the infernal mobs mod to make farther spaces very difficult. so like, say, W13 (Wilderness level 13) has a 1 out of every 15 mobs that spawn be an infernal. W3 would have a 1 out of every 100 be an infernal, and so on. many more possibilities.

8. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/a906bd1e41a440f396b046e049a9e34a.png Made a little diagram of what I meant. The red zone would be the normal 7kx7k world border on other servers, where you could claim and build. However extending past that is a no-claim zone, not necessarily a nobuild zone, but anything built in that area is up for grabs. Toward the edge is where the world border would be.

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    also, certain tech trees, like mid-game ic2 or early Draconic are locked behind dungeon loot that spawns farther out, the farther it is the more common. a "public End Portal" at like, W30 makes players take a huge risk for quicker draconium, for example. and yeah i do like that idea. maybe on the way up to the threshold of the no-claim zone, you get a warning saying that, "If you continue, you may die! proceed at your own risk."

10. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I'd love to see mobs end up being more powerful then fully geared potioned-up players toward the edge of the map.

11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    though there are obvious advantages to a seperate wilderness world, such as being able to reset it. unless there's a way for a reset to occur in a defined zone.

12. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Sure there is, it happens all the time with player bases.

13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    true. all dungeons would be stationary, one set location. they do get reset. but how to prevent dungeons from spawning in the build area?[DOUBLEPOST=1491337762][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe utilize Rogue Like Dungeons? they have tiered floors that get progressively difficult. the dungeons would need modified loot tables though.

14. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Would it be a problem? I'm sure the spawns can be tweaked while loading in the world. You could prevent spawning while loading in the normal area, then turn it back on to load the wilderness area

15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    or maybe make the server ignore dungeon requests when spawning a certain range of chunks around 0,0?

16. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Feasible, but I don't think any mods exist to do this specifically, so the work would have to be done especially for this.

17. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    Can I steal from you in this hypothetical mod pack?

18. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    the way Civilization worked is that when outside of your claim, if you were to die your grave would be fair game. However, normal rules apply for griefing

19. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    That's a shame I want to burn peoples homes to the ground and paint my face with the ashes.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  20. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Although i'm pretty sure if you built outside of a claim it should be fair game as well. Abusing the no-griefing rule by building bases without claims shouldn't be allowed and that'd offer a simple solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.