1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against A PvP Oriented Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by LordFungi, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:09 AM
    Why?

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:09 AM
    I think more along the lines of power the way that pack who's name escapes me at the moment handled it. Progressive evolution of power you can't just rush to diamond armor you have to actually figure out how to do that first through the quest line.

3. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    Because it just adds an unnecessary element that would frustrate people.[DOUBLEPOST=1491682093,1491597047][/DOUBLEPOST]Right, well to keep this idea rolling what would the list of mods look like? This could also include mods that we could disable crafting in, so that you could acquire weapons / armor / staffs from loot that you couldn't get anywhere else. Like, for instance if we disabled the end-game botania items that required Gaia Spirits, like the staffs/laputa/weapons, we could still let players obtain them via loot bags or chests in the further areas of the Wilderness zone. Draconic Evolution though is something that would NEED to be left out of the theoretical modpack altogether, the whole mod is endgame.

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:09 AM
    DE can be balanced.

5. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Would it even fit, it'd seem REALLY out of place for the modpack. It's just better to leave it out to begin with.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    it's got mythical/technological armor, just like runescape. would it be any different?

7. VapenMods

VapenMods Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    Factions server. i would be interested in giving that a good run

8. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Yes but you have to understand, anything from Draconic Evolution wouldn't devalue any other weapon in the game. Why have a terrasteel blade when you can have upgraded Wyvern or Draconic Sword? Or worse, a Draconic Staff. It's just so game breaking to let that mod in when the point of the pack is to keep things at mid-tier.[DOUBLEPOST=1491700969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Its not quite like factions.. on vanilla servers anyway.

9. VapenMods

VapenMods Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    my suggestion was in fact just that a suggestion. try a Faction (vanilla) server just to test the community. very few plugins 10 maby and they are server side. devs can make what ever weapons /armor they like. then if it takes off add mods. Factions MYM style.

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well i haven't fully formulated my ideas for making draconic be the end-tier of end-game yet, but everything draconic, even if farmed, could take multiple irl days to get the resources for one piece... much like avaritia's infinity armor. likely chances it will also require end-game items from different mods to create.

11. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    You're not understanding the issue here. It shouldn't even be in the pack at all. The idea is to make mid-tier the endgame. This mod is the worst thing to add to this modpack, besides Avaritia itself. Does anyone know where I'm coming from about this? It's frustrating that I have to repeat myself... Draconic Evolution, a mod designed to fight its own OP end game boss the Chaos Guardian, shouldn't exist in a PvP modpack, no matter how hard it'd be to get the draconic items. Someone's going to do it, and they'll be unstoppable, and they'll do whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want to do it. They'll walk into the furthest reaches of the Wilderness and ALL the dangers will have faded away. See that guy over there? He just walked into a horde of Infernal mobs and came out with a bunch of diamonds and gold, he ain't breaking a sweat while he's being struck by lightning every two seconds and being mauled by unholy abominations. For the love of christ, get rid of the notion that it'd be remotely okay to put it into this hypothetical modpack, because it wouldn't work. It wouldn't fit. I'll use another simile, it's like throwing a X-Com Unit onto a medieval castle equipped with trebuchet's and pikemen. They're gonna be slaughtered.[DOUBLEPOST=1491710897][/DOUBLEPOST]Excuse the rant. Just frustrated.

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    you know draconic evo is FULLY balanceable... right? nerf the weapons, disable crafting for the staff, etc. so much can be changed to accompany the modpack it's hilarious to me that you can't see this.

13. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Glad you think its hilarious. >:I

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well it's true, you rant on me the idea that draconic evo couldn't and wouldn't ever fit in the pack when it absolutely could.

15. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    But you know where I'm coming from, it'd be better to not have it in at all. You think it's fine, but I think its horrid. Why even want it in? There's plenty more options that aren't as extreme as dragon armor.

16. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    it's a mod that everyone knows and can appreciate, and is fitting with a runescape lore setting, where they had very god-like armor and literal dragon armor and weapons. forgot the exact name for them. but it fits entirely and is completely balanceable. and since it's meant to be end-tier end-game, it would require loot-bag only items as well as end-game items from other mods. for difficulty purposes. plus we could possibly tone down the shields and what, and reduce power capacity. lots of options.

17. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I feel like it's used too much, and while it can be appreciated, I have a very bad feeling about adding it. There are alternatives like Twilight Forest items, the fiery armor for instance. So what if it can be rebalanced. It has no durability, soulbound would make it impossible to lose due to combat (Unless the enchantment wasn't added. Charms of keeping maybe? Harder to get, good loot option :3), and could be upgraded via modification. I just think the modpack shouldn't have end-game items, not even as drops. It keeps a level playing field.[DOUBLEPOST=1491713106][/DOUBLEPOST]But i can also understand your argument. When I think about it, why would people play the modpack with no progression?

18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I was thinking that we disable soulbound books as an enchant from the table, but make a crafting recipe for them, or buildcraft's assembly table. or thaumcraft infusion... much better idea. top tier resources from thaumcraft, including a book and quill. would make getting soulbound books impossible without delving deep into thaumcraft.[DOUBLEPOST=1491713389][/DOUBLEPOST]also make it require LOTS of thaumcraft resources and loads of each type of vis.

19. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    8:09 AM
    The thing with DE is that even if its armour takes years to obtain, if it is objectively more powerful than any other armour then it will be the only one used by people who can afford it.

20. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.