1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Add Applied Energistics 2 to Civilization (please read before commenting!)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by mrminesheeps, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:45 PM
    if only they would fix their rendering bug where THEY RENDER EACH ITEM AT THE SAME TIME *grumble grumble never expected modded players to use it grumble grumble*

2. rootbeeralaska

rootbeeralaska Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    Can we close this as it seems that the "issue" been resolved :D

johnfg10 likes this.
  3. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:45 AM
    Should of been in suggestons

4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Can this be marked as dome or moved to suggestions please

5. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    7:45 PM
    I wish there were no doomsayers in the world. "It'll never work, it's dead, etc." If it dies, it dies. If it doesn't, it doesn't. What does no good is people talking endlessly about how it's going to. Apparently, you care enough to be here posting about it. Channel that care into the server, and it will do better. Or, channel that care into whatever you're into now, and leave the doomsday predictions at the door.

I can't even fathom the "This is the way Khrymez wanted it" argument. He's left the building. If the players that are playing the pack say "We want ______ mod added" why on earth wouldn't you do it? They're your customers. Seriously? You're going to tell your customer, who is busy using your product and asking you to make a change that interests them, "No, you can't have it because the person who originally thought of this product didn't want that?" Way to keep your customers happy.

Kudos to the original poster for asking. Never stop asking for the things you want in your life. Don't let all the people who say it can't be done stop you from trying. People like you move the world forward.

6. johnfg10

Local Time:
    firstly neither me or kry want AE why does ever pack that ever happened have to have AE no we are not having AE you can get passively aggressive at me if u feel that will help u deal with the fact that we dont wont and never will have AE. this has been answered so many times AE will not be added thats it. ive explained my reasoning aka overrated there are several solutions already in the pack ect AE is not needed now please please can someone suggest something that isnt "i want AE" "the thing this pack needs is AE" ect make me suggestions please but let me emphasises the point
    Ae is not and will not be added
    now reading over that this mean seem a bit harsh but to be honest if one more person askes for AE im going to explode and ik people thing im over reacting but seriously please come up with solutions not demanding/nagging/asking ect about AE belive it or not there was a time before AE.

yes i was being harsh but i feel like ive said this a million times already :) i want/need your suggestions about everything with the proviso of it not being AE related :)

also one thing i missed was the lag it caused

7. rootbeeralaska

rootbeeralaska Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    @AceOfBases do not start this... Khrymez is the author of this pack, he just entrusted John with the pack. John is just following Khrymez's wishes, and asking for things constantly gets you NOWHERE.

8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ^very true also nagging me makes me want to really not do what u asked ;p
    and to get mad

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Well i'll just let Civ take it's course. like all packs, they eventually die. i say prolong it. but hey, imma laugh if you can't find a storage system aside from AE for the 1.8/1.9 mc versions. you'd be getting posts 24/7 about adding AE then xD

So i'd start praying there are other storage systems =)

10. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Ezstorage is already on 1.8/1.9 botania is nearly updated :p

11. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    I haven't asked for anything. I've encouraged the original poster to never stop asking for the things he wants.

Can you imagine Apple if they said "We don't care what our customers want. We didn't originally envision that feature in our product, and even though you've all asked for it WE'RE NEVER ADDING IT" Zoink. Apple gone.

Pick any company you admire. Do they listen to their customers? You bet. That includes you, btw. Yes, they listen to you.

If the majority of players on Civ ask for something, they should get it. Whatever it is. They are your customers. Or, turn the pack over to someone who is responsive and listens to the people who make up your user base.

Is this a business, or a monarchy?

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:45 AM
    They are absolutely doing that, not in that tone, but they are and kinda all of them actually. Adding AE2 to civ is like a company doing an entire rebranding. Even in the way of copying what others are doing.
    On another note, do you think an artist will change his style because some people say they don't like the chaos and want him to do the same as the guy next door?

Closing this topic as the decision is crystal clear, no need for anymore arguments, play infinity or any other pack for AE2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.