1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Adding Soul Fragment to the Admin Shop (Infinity)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Losspost, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Losspost

Losspost Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:43 AM
    To craft the Reinforced Watering Can you need Soul Fragment. You can craft these with a Etherical Sword but at the cost of one live lost permantly. Using Soul Fragments you could regain this live you lost but only player can creat it. And i think no one want lost his healt for good. My idea is to put this soul Fragments from Extra utillities in the Admin shop

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    5:43 AM
    Go kill about 43046721 mobs and a soul of a forgotten deity will drop, you can get it down to 4304672 if you use a specific sword, now, happy killing 4.3m mobs! you don't have to craft a reinforced can if you don't want to!

3. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What is the drop rate chance?

4. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The soul-fragments are only used for the reinforced watering-can.
    Now, this upgraded watering-can can be automated. RWTema, the dev for Extra Utilities, do not want to give "overpowered" items without a price.
    What I am trying to say is that: You loose the heart by design.
    Why would we circumvent this?
    A lot of mod-authors hate servers who just give out items, for free (or not as they themselves designed it)
    For example, Reika, the dev for Rotarycraft, reactorcraft etc, has set his creative items to bypass everything, and explode if used by a player in survival.

Lawmonark and Slind like this.
  5. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i just gave it, 1 in the 43 million chance, unless using a certain sword

6. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Kikoku?

Lawmonark likes this.
  7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    maybe ;)

Lawmonark likes this.
  8. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    RWTema Quote "Soul drops from mobs are now 10x more common when killed with the Kikoku (still lottery level rarity though)"

Let us know if you get one.

9. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I personally feel like it's very even for the watering can and if you don't like the cost there is always the regular one.

If you really want one without losing the hearts you can always see if someone will sell one

10. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:43 AM
    Wait, you want a reinforced watering can? Man, we don't even get the option to give up 1 heart of our life permanently on Infinity Evolved. I would totally be happy for that incredibly awesome bargain.

11. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    Protip, if you really need soul fragments that badly but don't want to lose the health then craft them on an alt account so you don't have to lose the health on your main ;)

I could whip up a xtreme crafting recipe for it that requires multiple souls, several blocks of bedrockium and a creative tank if you want? :p

12. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:43 AM
    No thank you, it's meant to be disabled in Infinity Evolved. Plus I'd hate to see the nightmare crafting recipe you'd come up with. It might drive me to murder Booker for it.

profrags likes this.
  13. Losspost

Losspost Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The problem is that i didnt know that the lost was permant. I though its like you lose one health in blood craft and it regenerate. Would it be possible then to make a crafting recipte to uncraft the watering can and get back the soul?

14. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    don't worry, i could outdo chaos any day of the week in terms of evil! >:D

15. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    No. you really couldn't.. not when it comes to custom minetweaker recipes because I haven't even shown a small fraction of what I'm capable of yet.. you could not even comprehend of what I'm capable of! :p

16. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    need i remind you of the D.I.E EVIL ic2 based recipie suggestion i made? your evil is NOTHING!

17. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    DIE was still in alpha when I went on my 6 month break so I have no idea what recipe you're referring to, but believe me when I say, unless you actually know all of the crazy special functions that minetweaker has that most people never actually use then you really do have no idea how evil I could be with a crafting recipe.
    I could make a recipe that specifically requires one of your soul fragments to craft, and I could make a companion script with CommandHelper so that any player can kill you with an etheric sword - on any server and regardless of /pvp flag - to steal your soul fragments while reducing your max health on that server each time, and then a second script to allow people to transfer the soul fragments from one modpack to another, so then literally everyone on the network who wanted to craft that item would have to find out which server you are actively playing on and then hunt you down relentlessly to obtain the fragments until eventually you'd be left with a base max of 3 hearts on basically every server on the MyM network that has Ex.U!

Now tell me, how exactly could you top that kind of twisted malice?

profrags, Zxirl, Rebelborn and 2 others like this.
  18. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    heh, that's fun, if i knew that, i'd switch the normal thing with a kikoku, makes it harder, you're good, not good enough though, if it was made this way, i'd force it to also ignore all armor and therefore no one is safe no matter how fast you are at going to get full armor.... i'd also make the soul fragment drop on death from ANY mob.... the MAX_INT-64... otherwise, the current droprate from hostiles for.... souls of the lost diety, also, remove the crafting recipie with the etheric sword from the mix, and you've got a FUN modpack.... actually.... that sounds like a really really fun modpack, hope to see it implemented somewhere

19. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    Thank you for the suggestion.

Not going to happen.