1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AE Inscriber Automation (Infinity, but will work with other packs)

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Fringemonkey, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Fringemonkey

Fringemonkey New Member

Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    Hi all thought i would share my method of automating AE inscribers. I feel this is a very efficient way of doing it both space and channel wise. As a bonus for the same 1 channel we can automate crystal growth and making.
    2015-06-23_11.18.03.

Mods Required

• Applied Energistics (obviously)
    • Ender IO
    • Extra Utilities (for crystal Automation)
    Parts List

• 5 Inscribers
    • All 4 Presses (Silicon, Logic, Engineering, Calculation)
    • 1 ME Interface
    • 1 Chest
    • 8 Ender IO item conduits
    • 6 Conduit item filters
    • a working ME network with power, an interface terminal and a pattern terminal
    2015-06-23_11.18.03.
    Lay out the inscribers as shown. the 4 on the left are for the presses, the one on the right is for the final combine.
    2015-06-23_11.18.26.
    The wiring is simple, just set all the ender io item conduits to in/out and put filters on the in. You want to filter the item that the press is for, IE silicone for the silicone press. Then have the out always active and all on the same color/channel.
    For the final combine you need to have the top set to only put in pressed silicone. and the bottom to put in only the 3 other kinds of pressed (logic, engineering, calculation). The top and bottom do not need to extract on this one, just insert. The back need to insert and remove again, it sends only redstone in and can be filter less on the extract, but the extract needs to be a different color/channel. This color feeds back into the ME Interface, on my screenshots its the blue channel.
    The connection to the chest needs to be in and out with no filters, on the channels used by the main 4 inscribers. I split my in and out into 2 channels in the screen shots(green, in and brown, out) but you can just use all green and have the chest set to in and out on the green channel.
    2015-06-23_11.44.07.
    Now all thats left is to go and make patterns for the interface. As seen in the screenshot, the patterns are the raw material (gold, diamond, pure certus quartz) a piece of redstone, and a silicone. The output is the finished processor, and it needs to be in processing mode.
    2015-06-23_11.18.54.
    Put the patterns for all 3 processors into your interface terminal or in the interface itself, and you all done! Your network now knows how to make its own processors.

Will post the crystal part in a reply. Hope this was helpful to someone

*edit - fixed pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    CommonExplosion likes this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    there are easier ways to do such an automation system, crystal part is way too inefficient, i can make a system that uses up all 6 sides of the water block! and this system also can be made in TE, and AE automated, overtly complex, you can make it more efficient ;)

3. Fringemonkey

Fringemonkey New Member

Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    the crystal part i am sure there are better way, please show me! not sure how the inscriber part can be improved? always willing to learn though

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    the inscriber part can be done using other mods, and improved as in it takes up overall less space, the crystal growth chamber tutorial on how to make an item elevator, the items will go through the bottom chamber, and pop out into the water, after that you pick up the finished product with a transfer node

5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    If it is a pack with SFM this can be done in a very nice way. Deltachi made such a setup on infinity (before reset). It worked like a charm. :D
    But then again he is a wizard when it comes to coding.

It is however nice to see people posting tutorials. ^-^
    ty for sharing it to the public.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Deltachi likes this.
  6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    you do not need to know coding to do SFM things like that easily lol

7. Spowart

Spowart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    Its a nice tutorial good work :D Thank you for taking your time to post this :p

8. Drahznar

Drahznar New Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    Cause some might dont know... for SkyFactory2 there is the new Mod added AE2 Stuff... you got a Crystal growth chamber, where you can just use import/export bus or interfaces to automate crystals :)