1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Age of Engineering Launch!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aidoneus, Jul 24, 2017.

1. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:59 PM
    I would love an in-game player market system similar to 1.7.10, if anything to drop down the amount of chat spamming with people asking for stuff. I don't know how fair /shop credit starter kits would be for this pack, but hey, if people want to spend the money, I'm all for keeping the server running with that revenue.

2. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    The group of folks I play these games with are looking forward to this pack... One of my gaming partners is highly into Tech Mods, so it's right up his alley... Although I'm really hoping the MyM Chunkloader System will be finished soon as hanging around in a chunk with nothing to do, while waiting for processing to finish, is a bit tedious... I'ld rather keep busy working on gathering or building while stuff processes... But in any case, you'll most definitely see us on this weekend for this packs grand opening on MyM...

MyM has some of the best dev's and customer service reps out there... Makes me wanna make my own pack, just to have MyM's sort of support... lol...

See ya'll this weekend...

Zip

3. CreepersScareMe5

CreepersScareMe5 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Just in case anyone is using Twitch as their launcher for this pack, I was trying to play it on Single Player to get a feel for the game. But I kept receiving a "Can't keep up!" message and the system would freeze. Changing the VBOs to "Off" in the video settings in Options fixed the issue. Ya'll may already know this, but took me forever to google that fix.

4. iStarlightz

iStarlightz Prince Cuddles

Local Time:
    10:59 PM
    Ram?

EDIT oh read first part of message and replied without seeing second part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. CreepersScareMe5

Local Time:
    Nope - same message no matter how little or much I dedicated to the pack. Generally I only use the Mym launcher for everything, so others may have encountered this issue with mod-heavy packs like Infinity. But that immediately fixed the issue for me.

It's great to learn something new every day! Makes you more self-sufficient. :)

6. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    @Aidoneus Just wanted to check, but is FTBUtilities gonna be left enabled on this server? I remember there was issues with it leading to it needing to be disabled on the Inf Evolved servers, but in AoE the specific details of how you're supposed to progress through each age are only viewable through the FTBUtil guidebook, so if it has to be disabled again on this modpack then it's gonna be a major PITA for everyone, as we'll have to keep switching over to SP every time we wanna check it.. :confused:

7. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Chaosblad3, at the moment, the Guide feature is working. It has been tested by multiple Staff members and I am hopeful that when AoE launches there will be no issues with that vital part of the progression.

chaosblad3 likes this.
  8. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry if this has been answered already but will the server have MyM 's plugins (market, chunkloader, portal)? Don't know if they're 1.10 ready yet.

9. PotatoWithHat

PotatoWithHat Lord of Giraffes

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    I will try it, even if i hate tech.

10. PhishTahkoh

Local Time:
    I will try it, because I hate magic.

chaosblad3 likes this.
  11. PotatoWithHat

PotatoWithHat Lord of Giraffes

Local Time:
    :b
    [doublepost=1501166482][/doublepost]
    Magic is my life.

12. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Did you download AoE from the MyM launcher yet?? Got mine downloaded :happy:

13. CreepersScareMe5

Local Time:
    Nice! That way I don't have to wait for it to download Saturday morning. Thanks for the tip!

Tipsied likes this.
  14. PhishTahkoh

Local Time:
    I wonder if the world is already generated, if so, maybe I can bug them for the seed to scout a base for Friday morning.

15. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    You can't. The world seeds cannot be obtained officially.

16. PhishTahkoh

Local Time:
    Worth a shot

17. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:59 PM
    Chunkloader plugin just got ported today. Portal plugin is there. No `/market` as we haven't found a suitable 1.10 plugin for it yet. It is low priority. It has a dedicated farmworld so no aroma mining dimension. Hope that answers your questions.

EvilScotsman, Tipsied and Fehniix like this.
  18. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Has the portal been configured to require a flint and steel to be submitted to unlock the nether like I suggested?

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Well after spending tons of time, I couldn't find anything suitable. closest I found was a plugin that supports up to 1.9... obviously useless in our case, unless our own team wants to try and port the plugin to 1.10.2...

20. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    ???