1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of engineering suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Fireforce, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:49 AM
    The current issue whit space stations makes it so we cant progress beyond the moon whit out Constant timeing and pull down of your station before each restart

Sinces the space station issue is not likely to be getting fixed
    I cant progress to beyond the moon
    Here is My suggestion what about paying whit the warp fuel stuff to Open a portal to the next planet if we know the cost of each jump to the other planets
    For the ores and such

mrminesheeps and alven4 like this.
  2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    while the idea is nice, the warp fuel idea is rather flawed... for example, you can make dilithium crystals the moment you have access to the moon. which, if you could /pay/ for a portal, you'd effectively not have to even build that super expensive warp drive. not to mention, the warp cost varies depending on location of your station, a little bit of randomness, and the planet of which you are orbiting. so costs could easily vary.
    maybe ask if anyone else has portals, sethomes etc. to the different planets? they can take you to those planets, so long as you can prove you're capable of going there yourself. as for the space stations, it's a known bug within the Advanced Rocketry mod and it has proven difficult to understand due to the randomness as to how it works. on day, you're space station will be gone, the next day it suddenly re-appears.

3. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    2:49 AM
    Well you could always use something that requires being to that planet as payment, like some moon rock to open a moon portal and mars rock to open a mars portal
    That way you still have to get there but you don’t have to worry as much about having to go again.
    Of course if it is completely impossible to reach anything past the moon you could pay with whatever upgrade is needed to get to each next planet, like submit the warp drive to get to mars or whatever. It would be a lot more expensive but more convenient in the long run.

4. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Why not keep the post in the main thread?

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    uhhh wat. (In other words, what do you even mean?)

6. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    There was an identical suggestion in the bug thread.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well there's probably no way anybody will know that unless explicitly pointed out. just sayin' xD

8. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    the reason i also Put it here isbecaus its a Suggstion and they infact belongs here

mrminesheeps to unlock the planets it would also not only the fuel but also a stack of ore for example so its Not just as i get to the moon
    it could be i dont know what ores theres on the moon other then the warp fuel

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well, aside from dilithium it's pretty normal earth ore gen. same for most all other planets that I've visited, just including whatever ore is specific to the planet.

10. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Then to unlock the Mars portal a stack of warp fuel and a stack of draonic ore and emerald ore

11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    for one, that's REALLY random... and also, draconic ore? unless you have one really nice void miner, drac ore is valuable and rather rare. not to mention the lack of correlation between Mars and... draconic and emerald ores.

Rohen likes this.
  12. Dat_Doc

Dat_Doc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You dont have to go to space, you also use villagers to get some of the metals ;)

13. Tapercrazy_jay

Tapercrazy_jay Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    u do need to go to space as villages will cost u a lot more n for the amount of ore u need villagers ant that gd n there low amount to

14. Dat_Doc

Dat_Doc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ohh no u dont, i finished the pack without ever going into space.

Rohen likes this.
  15. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    what node are u on i want to come see it then as for what viligers i need