Agrarian Skies Update coming soon

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerraSleet

TerraSleet Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    I second TTKami, lots of awesome end-game stuff you could add quests for (and even some of the items in legendary reward bags, like pieces of Ichor or a piece of Ichorcloth armor). It can be a little gamebreaking though, it's like Quantum armor on steroids and it adds a dimension with triple ore rates you can only access by breaking through bedrock with an awakened ichor pickaxe. It has like triple ore rate or something and obviously you can only mine bedrock with the pickaxe so it's a step above maxed TiC tools.

As much as I'd like to see Gregtech too, the mod author is too much of a pinhead to balance his mod properly so it's probably going to break the modpack.

2. tommypoints

tommypoints Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    Several of us asked for it before the last batch of things were added. I ask SirWilli in chat after those updates why it wasn't included and it was because we didn't need more end game tools. I didn't get a chance to followup on that comment because the server crashed right after he stated that.

I'd agree with SirWillie that the awakened tools aren't really required. For bulk mining the Blood magic spells are better. Is the armor really worth the hassle...maybe with flight being integrated but other than that bound armor and quantum are sort of a wash.

I'm not sure about the extra Dimension. We got the extra dimensions from ARS and GC. I wouldn't think triple ores would matter if you've advanced to the point of awakened tools. In AG skies if you want more ore resources just throw up another dozen sieves...so triple ore quarries are less useful.

To me, the nicest thing about adding KAMI is the 1000 aspect wand. SO much better than the 100 aspect wand and there isn't any alternatives that are comparable. Got around it by just having a bunch of wands always sitting in the recharge pedestals. still not as good as having a couple 1000 aspect wands sitting in recharge pedestals.

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    11:37 PM
    We are happy to include more unique things. But I don't see the need to add things we already get from other mods. Making the modpack has it downsides. Longer start-up-time, more possible bugs and glitches, more server and client performance required... I know different people like different mods but we can't make everyone happy.

4. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    2:37 PM
    Someone Mentioned before but i think it will be nice to have Mekanism but with 1 option take out the Universal cable because it can make machines take any energy and change the type of energy to the correct 1 for the machine "hopes it makes sense " :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  5. ToeNooper

ToeNooper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:37 PM
    I think magic crops mabye?

6. HitDaDog

HitDaDog New Member

Local Time:
    I know the pack is geared toward tech and magic and questing, but for the people who like aesthetics Automatic_Maiden's "Chisel" mod is an amazing addition.

Edit: Guess my eyes glazed over that, my bad, too used to plain AG. Thanks Willie!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Chisel mod is already in the pack.

8. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    nevermind. wrong post

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Mijikai likes this.
  9. arouse

arouse New Member

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    Dont know if anyone suggested Steve's Factory Manager seems like an awesome way to setup automation perhaps easier once you figure it out.

10. Adam_Tice

Adam_Tice New Member

Local Time:
    Railcraft? Zooming around on highspeed carts all around your island sounds both asthetically pleasing and enjoyable

11. lemmingguide

lemmingguide New Member

Local Time:
    unlock a twilightforest portal on mars ;)

would take some serious work to break up the terrain gen of twilight to sky islands to keep theme

lycanites mobs and grimoire of gaia might add some more flavor but may need some loot nerfs

agrarian could use a bit more exploration, ive tried using better world generation 4 to give me an island feel when i was trying for my own modpack but theres too much land in it.

i would suggest advanced darkness mod with unlit torches/lanterns mod for an interesting effect to lighting if you can find some way to add exploration other than the moon or mars

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  12. zach1502

zach1502 New Member

Local Time:
  13. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
  14. zach1502

zach1502 New Member

Local Time:
  15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
  16. zach1502

zach1502 New Member

Local Time:
  17. lemmingguide

lemmingguide New Member

Local Time:
    gravestones is fun, as for the graves it sometimes places them at level 0 over the void.. would love some way to buy the graveyard plot with the dungeon late in the game as i think i remember seeing a command that can spawn them somewhere in that mod

18. zach1502

zach1502 New Member

Local Time:
    I think it would be a cool edition because than instead of dropping heads when you die you should drop a gravestone, so that you can make a graveyard to tell how many times you have died or how many times someone with you has died.

19. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    doesnt that take some of the difficulty away as when you die you sometimes lose your stuff which means you have to learn not to die a lot but i do understand the concept for gravestones

20. zach1502

zach1502 New Member

Local Time:
    I wouldn't want the gravestone to hold your items when you die, just for it to drop when you die like your head does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.