1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All The Modpacks Feel The Same

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Asapps, May 17, 2016.

1. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:38 PM
    I've played several modpacks. Agrarian Skies, Tekkit, Infinity, and several more. The more I play the more uninteresting it seems. Modpacks usually have most of the same mods as other packs. It just seems empty. Anyone else feeling the same?

2. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:38 PM
    yep. i stopt playing doo to repetivity.

3. MyFailuredLyfe

MyFailuredLyfe New Member

Local Time:
    2:38 PM
  4. woogiepooh2013

woogiepooh2013 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    this comment is stupid blah blah blah the creater of the post is stupid blah blah blah he has no creative interest blah blah blah

p.s.

i didn't totally stop playing due to the mod packs all being the same and boring

Asapps likes this.
  5. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Change game from time to time :) and play with people :)

This game is obviously repetitive, but people make it nice xD I spend most of time talking instead of playing ^^ Chat is a pretty good modpack

Asapps and SirStudMuffin like this.
  6. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:38 PM
    Take a break, play another game for a bit. When you're refreshed and ready to play again, come back. Every one needs a break sometimes.

7. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I do that often, but the modpacks all have the same mods, basically. I'd like to see a modpack that has at least 100 mods, i've never seen before.

8. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    That would be difficult to make a modpack that has 100 mods that are well implemented, what you have to understand is that you make a modpack you can either put things in people enjoy or either put some things that are new and amazing with a few used mods for example you have infinity but then on the other hand you have Nero.
    I totally agree with what your saying here but modpacks go through a very strenuois time to even get considered here

9. kamild_

kamild_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Of course it feels the same, all modpacks are still just the same game after all :) I kind of felt the same but Ferret Business is exactly what I needed. When playing packs like Infinity I didn't really know what to do (plus I just came back from like a year of break, without knowing most of the mods/changes in 1.7), and the idea of researching on Ferret Business made me still play the game.

10. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    my friend may I suggest that you wait till 1.9 mod packs are a thing since 1.7 is stale now furthermore I have recently been playing O.A.D go look it up it fun .

11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Well a few packs you may want to play that arent similar are
    -Hypo (when its updated)
    -Nero
    - A skyblock(such as Skyfactory 2.5)
    - Infinity
    - Galactic Science
    -Crash Landing
    All of the above are very different in the way the pack runs

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Thaumic Skies just received a major update, check that out :)

Sandstroem likes this.
  13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Check out Regrowth and BeeHappy, they also have a unique approach like most modpacks here. Of course the number of good and stable mods is limited, so that is why you always see the same ones again. A lot of modpack creators also like to include the popular ones, in a misbelief that their pack might be more successful then, instead of going an more independent unique route.

Galactic Science is popular WITHOUT including AE2, so it also works that way. Regrowth on the other hand, while it is a good and popular pack, could have even gone better by using Logistical Pipes, since it fits the whole Buildcraft theme in the pack more than AE2.

Nero and also CIV feel quite different than most packs, due to some not so heavily used mods and the PVP aspects.

Thaumic Skies started out as a skyblock based around Thaumcraft and its crucible with more than a dozen addons. While this was already good, @kindlich included some nice new things where even tech mods are now integrated into TC, mostly by Research. I think that pack is highly unique and has a lot of potential and should be put on other launchers soon.

Hypovolemia was already mentioned. Which is actually one of or even THE favorite pack of mine here, heavily based around bloodmagic. And yes, it has Tinkers e.g., but Caithleen did quite a number on that.

14. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If you want to, you could check out Crash Landing. A hardcore pack set in a dusty planet in 1.6.4, so its kind of classic. Would love to see you on :)

15. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Done it already. It was too easy.[DOUBLEPOST=1463687969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Played Them both. Did Galactic Science but got bored. Played Civ fora while, but got to endgame twice. Tried hypovolemia, it was okay.

16. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Thaumic skies, but im the only one on it XD

17. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Already played it lol

18. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    it got updated so IDK

19. Yorinar

Yorinar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    FTB = Fatigue the Beast

i've had this feeling a few times too. that's why i've had long breaks. doubt anything will feel all that fresh until 1.8 modded servers become stable

20. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    little spelling mistake not 1.8 its 1.9 no one cares about 1.8 1.8 is dead everyone is skipping it

SirStudMuffin likes this.