1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback An open meeting between staff and players

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by SirStudMuffin, Nov 4, 2016.

1. ChibiKami

ChibiKami Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:29 PM
    As far as I can tell, wyndman, they're suggesting promoting top players from each server to a low rank only on that server, only able to answer tickets for that server. Possibly with the potential to be promoted to a network staff.

As others have said though, the idea of a chatting 'event' wouldn't work out too well. If you're using minecraft itself or IRC, you have numerous people who are likely using only one or two lines of text at a time. With 4-5 people, that's not an issue, but when 30, 40, 50 people all want to talk at the same time, you aren't going to be following anyone well. If you use a voice chat platform, you have a similar issue, but it also prevents anyone who is unable to speak through applications like that from joining. No mic, bad connection, mute, deaf; no one fitting any of those would be included. Ultimately, the best solution is the one already in place: Use the forums to voice your opinions or suggestions.

2. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:29 PM
    These top players possibly simply want to play on the server and not be forced to answer tickets. That being said; if they would want to do this, they'd have applied for staff already.[DOUBLEPOST=1478498566][/DOUBLEPOST]As well as all our ranks are network-wide and ticket access comes with forum staff access, so this would be hard to realise.

3. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:29 PM
    OK, i think things are deviating from what i said.
    This is more a way to say what you think is good and bad without pointing out particular people and making others feel bad.
    It has nothing to do with Players such as myself as you appear to be referring to doing this to become staff (me wanting to be staff has nothing to do with this).
    Now, i see that many of you say that the chat would be clogged or that many people would be able to get there views across. I understand this, but the fact of the matter is that players who have opinions dont voice them.
    And the reality of that is quite sad.

4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Let me try to write down what I read between SirStudMuffins text, maybe he can clarify whether I got that right.

• Staff has too much to do, not enough people, so some things are left undone. Especially community events.
    • Not everyone who applies for staff, becomes staff. But there are people who want to help (like Muffin himself) but get shut down.
    • Applying for staff (as some suggested) to become one of the helpers doesn't change anything, because then you are on the other side of the force and it doesn't change the supposed communication problem between staff and non-staff.
    That is just what I get from his writing.

About assigning staff to specific modpacks. Bad idea, reasons have already been stated. BUT: I have been playing AS2 for a week now and it feels abandoned by staff completely. (Unfortunately also by JadedCat, the pack feels so unfinished and the mods are sooooo outdated, but thats offtopic here). What happened to the rule that moderators have to occasionally hop on every server to get known and seen by players?

5. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:29 PM
    I believe you got what I was saying completely right

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:29 PM
    AGS2 was abandoned by Jaded as she left it to work on AGS3, then there was the whole getting laid off thing left her with real life challenges so sadly we may never see a completed AGs2 or even the beta of AGS3.

7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I only read somewhere in her curse forum that she kinda abandoned the pack, but I dont have info who got laid off or something.