1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Auto-Correction and Anti-swear filter

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by MGThanatos, Aug 27, 2019.

1. MGThanatos

MGThanatos Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    I just saw that Slowfeed posted a similar problem on here, but mine is part of an inquiry.
    Whenever you type "Lag" or a word containing "Lag", it will show you some server stats about current latency etc. and not send the message, effectively censoring it.
    First, my problem. Not long ago, a Player by the name of Lagarn_ has joined my little town community. I think you see where this is going. Nobody can refer to them in any chat but /msg them. You can only switch the a to a 4 so it says "L4garn_", which doesn't give them the plop sound of their Name being said, so they overlook it.

Now on to my question: Why even censor the word "Lag"? I mean you guys are funny enough to let it say "Pong" when I want to check my latency with /ping, why not change the filter into a command, /lag or similar? Because some are complaining about Lag? That can easily be overriden by using said 4 instead of an a, so it doesn't really do all that much instead of being annoying.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

2. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The pong reply is the standard reply for the essentials /ping command.

3. MGThanatos

Local Time:
    I've seen it elsewhere now that you say it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

4. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    Hey there,
    Seems the regex for the word "Lag" was broken. Tested in-game with the help of some players and you can now say people's names if they contain "Lag" in them. The word lag is tripped as a word for the lagmeter since it gets spammed a lot when that server lags by frustrated players. This is intended, but breaking on words containing lag was not.
    Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

p5k and MGThanatos like this.
  5. MGThanatos

Local Time:
    Thanks a lot!

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.