1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Bag of holding with ME drives crash

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by HavokXQ, Feb 8, 2020.

1. HavokXQ

HavokXQ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:33 AM
    I'm on my other account, SaberScale, and I was moving ME drives. I put them into the bag of holding so I could take them with me but after a certain amount I got kicked with the message Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.io.IOException: Packet was larger than I expected, found 33194 bytes extra whilst reading packet 48.
    I can't log in anymore without getting that message.
    Could you move the cells back into my inventory out of the bag so that I can log in again?

2. Zyrade

Zyrade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    Hi HavokXQ,

It does indeed sound like you ran afoul of the NBT overload issue. You really want to avoid putting inventories within other inventories for this exact reason. I'll summon an @Administrator to see if they're able to assist with some careful surgery to extract your drives from the bag so you can log back in.

3. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:33 PM
    it's also in the Me storage cell's tool tip not to store them inside mobile inventories :)

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:33 PM
    We all hope lesson is learned

Never, EVER, put me drives in any bag, backpack, knapsack, satchel etc.

But you can put yourself into ME cell tho, i love doing that - like im inside TRON

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    4:33 AM
    Hello HavokXQ,

I moved all the drives to your inventory. You should be ok now. Please remember to never put drives in chests or bags. :)

Let us know if you need anything else.

HanoverFist69