1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Colossal Chests SF3 (Huge Lag issues)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by JamesHowell, Feb 21, 2017.

?

Ban the chests?

1. Do it already!

69.4%
  2. No, Because I understand the Issue but disagree.

25.0%
  3. No, Because I use them.

5.6%
  1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    4:09 PM
    i do. i've had to clear all my items from a system before. lots of items. typically i leave behind the less valuable items and get the more important things, like resources, and put them in chests and then dolly them. of course, this isn't as easy for players with loads of items *cough* colossal chests *cough* but 2 weeks should be more than plenty enough time.

2. VILIUS3456

VILIUS3456 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:09 PM
  3. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    i dont know if it works for RS but in AE2 you could pick a io port/drive manipulator, controller, and storage bus/external storage connected to your new storage. then put each disk in the drive manipulator and it gets copied over to your new storage...

anyway i would prefer to see both mods in the pack rather than just one

4. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    Yes, that should work, but why the manipulator? why not disk drive -> cable -> exporter -> storage

5. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    because you need to whitelist every item for export bus. the disk manipulator toggles the event to put the items into the network and if theres only the external storage, it'll store them on the external storage which can be an AE2 interface

6. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    Couldn't you set the exporter to blacklist?

7. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    If any player has SOOOO much stuff that they can't empty their RS/ME system into a suitable alternative in less than a few days then they HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF and have no right to complain if any of it gets deleted because they didn't clear it out in time.

People who fill their ME with ridiculous amounts of stuff, waaaay more than they should realistically ever need are the bane of any big multiplayer server.. you should know this @chugga_fan I mean how many times must you have seen me back when I was staff, going to peoples bases when their ME was polling high in the AE profiler and forcing them to remove all singles of items and put them into non-ME-connected storage.

In case you've all forgotten it is in the rules "Do not overstate", and if you ask me, having such an insanely large amount of items that they've become unmanageable is clearly overstating.

ben_mkiv likes this.
  8. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    You would understand if you were endgame

9. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    What makes you so sure I'm not, I wouldn't say I'm too far off in SF3, and I've been with MyM for like 3 years and played through to endgame on multiple "resources from nothing" style modpacks including AG & AG2, SF2, and CrashLanding, I just don't leave things like all of my resource generating setups running all the time for no reason when I already have more than enough resources from them.. here's a crazy idea, if you have more than a few thousand iron blocks.. maybe consider turning off whatever automated system is producing that iron cause clearly you already have plenty.

ben_mkiv likes this.
  10. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    that should be the welcome message on all servers...

11. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    Have you heard of magical crops and that you actually craft stuff and go through materials? And also i like having lots of stuff for fun, like 6 mil cobble in a qsu.

12. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    yea i can see the fun in that... do such insane stuff on singleplayer...

same for mass crop farming, theres no reason to stress the server and use cpu time just to have a high number when you open up your glory cobble dsu/qsu

13. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Of course I've heard of magical crops, but my point is you don't NEED to have a massive field of them producing resources CONSTANTLY.. if you're saying that you like to have excessive amounts of resources "just for fun", then I will once again refer you to the Anti-lag section of the rules page where it states

14. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    1. It does not lag the server, i have been on the server when it has been 20 tps for a while. 2. I run out of recources a lot so i need it to be constantly producing. 3. Singleplayer is no fun.

15. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    not a valid argument, just because the server is sometimes able to handle all the load, doesnt mean that it doesnt have any impact on overall performance...

yea, the resources you need, no one has a problem with that.

and multiplayer is no fun if people overscale for no reason ;)

16. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    I cant just stop producing 1 recource
    My cobble gen is just 11 tier 5 gens with conduits to a qsu. How does that lag the server?

17. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    it updates the dsu entity, conduit, and cobblegen every ticks, so it does add server load. And load is what creates lag if it got to much. And those cobblegens without any real use are totaly unnecessary load.

18. VILIUS3456

Local Time:
    What if i need 7 mil stone for something?

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    4:09 PM
    if 3 machine items getting updated per tick is causing server lag, then ~10 zombies would crash the server. anything can cause lag, but chances are that lag is so minimal it's not even relevant.

20. ben_mkiv

Local Time: