1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Colossal Chests SF3 (Huge Lag issues)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by JamesHowell, Feb 21, 2017.

?

Ban the chests?

1. Do it already!

69.4%
  2. No, Because I understand the Issue but disagree.

25.0%
  3. No, Because I use them.

5.6%
  1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    Sorry, couldn't help but notice you said 20 players, each with 10 machines, that's 400 active machines? i think you meant 200 :p

also, not every machine will produce the same amount of load. if i ran, say, 200 vanilla furnaces at once, chances are the lag would be quite minimal on a MP server.

VILIUS3456 likes this.
  2. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    add the 200 of the end game player before...

we arent talking about 3 machines for the cobblegen, we are talking about 3 cobblegens, active item conduits, and some storage where the stuff gets pushed to. so actually 7

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    does it matter? 7 machines that are simply moving and storing items will cause lag that hardly even affects the server.[DOUBLEPOST=1487970034][/DOUBLEPOST]also, inactive machines won't cause lag. i've yet to see someone with 200 machines all active at once. and i've seen massive bases.

VILIUS3456 likes this.
  4. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    no doesnt matter, just writing all of that for entertainment -.-

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ... 7 machines, 3 of which are simply generating cobblestone, 3 moving that cobble, and 1 storing it. how can this cause lag that creates a noticeable drop? if it did, the server is obviously garbage. are you saying that mym has a garbage server? because if you are, nobody said you have to stay.

look, 7 machines won't be the sole cause of a server having bad tps. it doesn't take a genius to know cobblestone generators won't crash/lag a server. if everyone was to login and have this exact same setup, and nothing else, the lag would be rather minimal.

in the end, a simple cobblestone generator line is not going to cause enough lag to worry about. end of story.[DOUBLEPOST=1487971483][/DOUBLEPOST]if anything, cross-chunk requests in AE2/RS systems would create more lag than 7 machines moving and creating cobblestone.

VILIUS3456 likes this.
  6. VILIUS3456

VILIUS3456 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    Thank You for cleaning that up mrminesheeps

7. JamesHowell

JamesHowell Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    UPDATE: The interfaces are still usable and people are still using them. Remember that there is multiple teirs of them if you're banning the item.

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Hm, do you have coordinates to a setup?

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ok, either somebody is doing this on purpose, or some insanely large colossal is hooked to an autocrafting system. because the server is crashing at least every 10 minutes.

10. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    what node is this on because this could help the staff andsuch find the probelms alot faster

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Just figured out that you could still insert and remove items via the core block. With the next restart this should no longer work.