1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Beter information how to storage starter kit

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by MrR20, Nov 11, 2019.

1. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    I did lose over 20 starter kit to day because of ME storage system believed they was normal chest. This things can happen. No refund as the say in Badlands 2 :p

I would like some info on the chest name or when you mark the chest that suggest you to not storage your starter kit in a mod inventory and to storage it in minecraft inventory.

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I dont how to help but here is my opinion on this issue in form of this short YT clip from great(imho) movie:

3. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    9:26 PM
    Well, just don't put kits inside any storage system that you can pull items for directly into a crafting bench for crafting, since named chests work the same as unnamed chests for crafting recipes. Best solution is to redeem the kit and store the contents, that way you cannot accidentally use them in a recipe.

MettytheCutiefly likes this.
  4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:26 AM
    I think we have all made mistakes with our kits at one time or another. I remember a time when I went to open the chest containing a kit, but I did it too close to a vanilla chest.. and it connected bye bye kit!

5. ItsTyrone

ItsTyrone Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    9:26 PM
    Ooof, that hurts... I did not realize these things could happen. Would changing it to something like a bag be possible? I'm not sure how the current system works in terms of the mod used or how difficult changing the item that spawns the kit would be, so maybe changing it would be unfeasible, but having someone pay for a kit and then having the kit get eaten up by a bug seems like a pretty big problem.

Could something to this effect be added to the kit's description in-game (preferably very visibly, i.e. using red letters) so people know not to do this?

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:26 AM
    We generally do chests because nearly every pack has a chest by default in it.. though there is that one pack yes I'm looking at you SevTech that made us change them. I would assume we could change them around to be something else or have labels on them, but I'm not brimming with confidence, lets see if @Jitrid wants to answer that :)

7. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Technically any item can be used as a kit, because any item (even air, lets not do that though because that's an empty hand so that would just spam a kit every time to bare-handedly click something) can be right clicked as an action.

The best idea would be a vanilla item like a chest! oh wait... maybe something else.
    So possible? Yes. Plausible? Not sure, we would have to have an internal discussion with the team.

I hope I answered your question Wynd,
    Kind wishes,
    Jitrid

Fireforce likes this.
  8. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    I am not sure how we could provide more info? Suggestions?

9. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If i member ME drives have info about not putting them in bags why not make same for kit chests - i lost few too from NEI/JEI crafting autofill recently.

"Kit chests can be used in autocrafting machines or NEI/JEI recipe autofill - BE CAREFULL!"

Maybe add something like this?

10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    Wonder if we can put a warning in the shop? The item is still a chest and making a item warning will put it on all chests.