1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BlastOff server request

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by JavaBond, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Fousicek

Fousicek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:31 PM
    I read like more players wants to HQM pack and such but why the hack you did not played MineYourgalaxy? it had all cool mods , it wasnt HQM but you had to progress throw planets to get the materials for better systems. And i tink MYM should build same pack and have like more advertisment about it. But i alos get it is better to get FTB and such modpack which are more advertised.

2. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:31 AM
    Actually, all players on the same server share a world. You simply get a bunch of chunks for yourself, just like in Agrarian Skies. If you were to go hang gliding out, I'm pretty sure you'd find other crashed ships.

3. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Shhh its still alpha, but beta is near. Theres a comparable pack ongoing :)

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    12:31 PM
    why must you revive this thread?

5. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:31 PM
    Better he revives this thread rather than creating another, leaves everything in the same place, easier to find and discuss.

6. SlifeExE

SlifeExE Active Member

Local Time:
    So.... Is there a Blast Off server where u can join and play??

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    there is not :(

8. SlifeExE

SlifeExE Active Member

Local Time:
    damn... I really want to play this modpack with friends on a public server but there isn't one... :(

9. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's very possible that there may be a Blast Off Server on Mym in the future. The pack should get a little more refined though. I believe it's in beta now. We could possibly wait until it's out of beta and see if it could be a server.

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i belive it won't due to the fact that it's basically CL but with bad mechanics (thanks insanity being buggy as *()&(*&)

Lawmonark likes this.
  11. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ask the modpack creator if he can make it more server friendly, perhaps?

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    it's not the server freindly part, it's buggy

13. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I already asked her when she first released the pack. I even had her join MyM so we could discuss ways to make it server friendly... Sadly it couldnt be helped. Without ex nihilo or ways to grow ores, it becomes too hard to get resources on a server. Not to mention its not exactly the most stable pack.

this is because its not a server friendly pack. It is ok if your playing with a group with one base, but once you get multiple bases on a map, it become hard for resources. Granted a second world for farming could be an option but the rarity of ores and certain items that are hand placed in chest in the wild make this not plausible. That being said you should try our Departed server, its a nice change from your typical pack.

14. SouthAfrican

SouthAfrican New Member

Local Time:
    In the past i have hosted and managed alot of servers with multiple mods in general modpacks. I can see how this modpack in particular will be a bit of a challenge to get setup. Elements of lag not caused by server just the mods in general and can cause alot of time usage to find them. Although I have not first hand experience with this modpack but will be trying it out later today. As far as my research on this modpack goes i believe there is ways. Although I will need to directly check each individual mod in this modpack and see how they coexist. I will see if i can develop a way for everyone to be happy with a similar setup to that of the modpacks story. As far as i understand ,correct me if im wrong ,the owners do see it as a future destination. I see potential in this modpack. As like in CL and many other modpacks they started small some big and slowly the desire for Coop came into the picture and servers where created. What i have read so far is that certain ores are harder to find than other and materials must be discovered. There is ways in order to do this like What cryhmez mentioned one can create a 2nd world. These are all pre ideas and theories.Before i go into any more detail or preconceived ideas I will try this modpack for myself and see how it turns out and get back to the community as soon as possible. I may have been mislead by the videos on this modpack.I see alot of people looking for servers but few that are able to host. I believe that one can create a successful server from this modpack.

Sincerely
    -justbecuz