1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Blood Magic Life & Soul Shards ? FTB Infinity

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by SpArKeRzZ_, Sep 17, 2015.

1. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    If that did apply then would you please care to explain why players on Node 1,2 & 5 have a tier 6 blood altar ?

When I asked them about it, they said a friend of a friend helped them or an admin assisted them with it.

Also I have managed to get my hands on a Demon Crystal, with out using the Arcane Pedestals, the ritual "Convocation of the damned" is NOT banned, my demon crystal is refusing to spawn the friendly demon to make the sacrifice. I do not get a banned message when trying to spawn him, using the crystal on the altar. Also IF it was banned to have a Tier 6 altar then why do many others have the tier 6 altar ?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    arnalpsln likes this.
  2. arnalpsln

arnalpsln New Member

Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    I have also seen and talked with people with full tier 6 altars, even a few people with demon crystals that worked, when i asked them they said they got it from a "friend", implying the friend had access to commands or the ability to do the summoning using the "Arcane Pedestals" (Summoning - Feed The Beast Wiki) Then using this demon crystal they got from a "friend", they did the "Convocation of the Damned" ritual with success (Convocation of the damned - Feed The Beast Wiki)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    SpArKeRzZ_ likes this.
  3. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    I can also confirm that attempting to do this on top of the nether does not work, the demon crystal will still not spawn the friendly demon. "Or the End"

arnalpsln likes this.
  4. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:26 PM
    Sadly I myself do not know enough about the mod to comment on fixes/solutions... however please know that it has not fallen on deaf ears ^_^ we do see your complaints and concerns. Our higher up staff have been very busy recently with the new pack releases, fixes, and server resets.

profrags likes this.
  5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    6:26 PM
    Tagging @BookerTheGeek because he's the staff's blood magic expert now that i think about it... he can evaluate what's going on here and confirm or deny (probably)

6. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    Hopefully he can shine some light on this. Thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1442763653,1442759915][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I fully understand, Its just I started to get a little mad when people were posting after me about stuff which do not connect to the new pack, and were getting admin and Founder replies within 1-2 hours. I'm not saying I should have priority, however some of the things the were replying to in my opinion, were very small problems which could have been fixed from a very a small Google search.

I have researched this allot to ensure I was not doing anything wrong, and even tried it on single player where it all does work, and since between the server and the single player the only difference is the unedited configs in single player. Therefore this became an issue which was out of my hands as I do not have access to the server configurations, which was the reason i came here to consult and talk about the issue with people who do have the ability to look into the problem.

Now I'm not saying the replies from moderators were useless, however from my experience Moderators do not have permission to go into issues concerning banned items, which leads back to my first point.

Also, I have been speaking to 6 to 7 people in game about finding a fix to this issue, and we all agreed that the same solution for buying Demon Blood Shards would be an acceptable solution. "A sign at spawn trading 16 Terrea for 1 Demon Blood Shard". The same could be done for the "Life & Soul Shards". Something very similar to that, and yes I understand that they are endgame items, therefore set the trade for them for something which we can get and something expensive from endgame.

Example of the trade could be the following:-
    • "64 Offensa for 1 Life Shard"
    • "64 Praesidium for 1 Soul Shard"
    It would take a while to get that amount of items to trade, and it would also not allow early gamers to get them, until they had progressed into the mod.

Yes, I did start to get a little frustrated when I learned that there were others who have a tier 6 Altar, and the answers that I kept getting were, "Someone else helped me" or "An admin sorted it out for us". I have meant no offence to anyone, I felt that I was just not being heard until you had posted, which yes it did finally show me that the problem which existed was finally heard.

If there is a way to get the tier 6 altar without needing to add the trade signs or some other solution, please do share it :)

arnalpsln likes this.
  7. arnalpsln

arnalpsln New Member

Local Time:
    Another possible trade could be a 9 item trade - Awakened Activation Crystal x 1, Magicales x 16, Potentia x 16, Incendium x 16, Terrae x 16, Tenebrae x 16, Sanctus x 16, Aether x 16 and Aquasalus x 16 since these are the ingredients required for the ritual (on top of the 15M lp cost and the demon crystal summon and sacrifice)

SpArKeRzZ_ likes this.
  8. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    I like the idea !

arnalpsln likes this.
  9. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    At work, so I'll look into this when I'm home tonight, about 4hr from now.

10. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    Sounds Good, Hope you can find a solution :)

arnalpsln likes this.
  11. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    I will. :) If you like my solution or not is another matter. Muahahaa

Go see the recipe for a coven witch on regrowth for my version of solutions.

12. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
  13. arnalpsln

arnalpsln New Member

Local Time:
    I'm ok with the solution being hard, as long as it doesn't require anything out of blood magic or anything to do with luck.

14. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Simplest thing done. Tested and un-banned the Arcane Pedestal

arnalpsln and SpArKeRzZ_ like this.
  15. aD0UBLEj

aD0UBLEj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Just to confirm, has this been applied to all the infinity servers so we now do the ritual as the mod intends.

Edit: Nevermind, looked at the changelog

16. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    Thank you for investigating it <3

arnalpsln likes this.
  17. arnalpsln

arnalpsln New Member

Local Time:
    Hooray for the simplest method, and another Hooray for the infinity staff for the fixing of the issue in minimal time :D

18. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    I don't always aim to please, but when I do...

It is simple and quick.