1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Can the Sigil of Compression be unbanned?

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies 2' started by DeraNXT, Jan 28, 2017.

1. DeraNXT

DeraNXT Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:00 PM
    Based on a forum post from back in 2014, the Sigil of Compression from the Blood Magic mod was banned for causing server lag or crashes. However, since then this bug has been fixed by the mod's creator, as they have posted on their GitHub in February of 2015.

As of Agrarian Skies 2 version 1.1.13, the pack uses the 1.7.10-1.3.3-11 version of the Blood Magic mod, which was pushed as the release build in July of 2015 - after the aforementioned fix for the Sigil of Compression bug was implemented.

Since the Agrarian Skies 2 server is now on version 1.1.14, is it possible to remove the ban on the Sigil of Compression? It's quite a useful item and it seems a shame to keep it banned if the underlying issues have been fixed.

2. DaBoss2231

DaBoss2231 Active Member

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    doesnt look like its banned anymore

3. DeraNXT

Local Time:
    Just tested it now, and attempting to use the Sigil still prompts the following message:

4. DaBoss2231

DaBoss2231 Active Member

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    oh my bad, i dont see it in /banneditems though

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:00 PM
    I don't think it is the same bug but I unbanned it for now so we will see if it causes issues again. (Needs server restart)

6. DeraNXT

Local Time:
    Thanks! I'll be sure to report any obvious problems I notice when using it.

EDIT: Just did some (very heavy-duty) testing, and it seems like the server handles it just fine - not even a small lag spike when converting inventories full of blocks, even while still picking up new blocks at the same time.

Maybe you can see some issues from your server-side perspective, but from here it seems like the Sigil of Corruption is satisfactorily fixed.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    For now I am marking this as done. We will keep this on our check-on list so we can keep an eye out.