1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Change chunkloaders to allow 2x2, 4x4 and 6x6 loading

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sandstroem, Mar 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:18 PM
    I am sceptical about whole idea since beggining - we have working thing and instead doing this already confusing (for new players) system make it even more confusing by adding something that can be done inside existing plugin already, in sake of being kinda more manageable for small percentage of players, put workforce on more important things.
    Like staff dont have nothing better to do, am I right?

Sometimes the staff is not decisive and slow to say directly that this and that is unnecessary or that there are more important matters than this or that to be done.

Of course we we can share our opinions and suggestions but can we get the straight word from staff like "theres few matters in TO-DO list that are more important but in free time we could look up into this idea or discuss it in next staff meeting(do you even do them?)".

2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    8:18 AM
    Most of your ideas involve increasing the server load significantly. Sure, we'll make EVERY claim check EVERY block for a block that disabled it in that chunk on EVERY TICK. Yeah, no, not gonna happen.

TBH there is nothing wrong with the chunk system. Tickets are plentiful. Area is sufficient. It has worked for years and likely wont be modified. If you want an odd shaped base...use 1x1 loaders.

You're basically asking us to rewrite an entire plugin and lag the servers even more...cause you don't wanna be bothered to lay out 1x1 loaders in the pattern you want.

LordEreh likes this.
  3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:18 AM
    The only reason I provided that suggestion was more to add to the discussion of potential options if this idea were explored, but not necessarily supporting it. I think these options are *viable*, but that doesn't necessarily make them good.

4. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:18 AM
    I am going to deny this. I just do not see the justification to take the time to implement this plus trying to figure out a way to explain how this system works to newer players. This seems more like a headache to sort out more than anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.