1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Note: All passwords have been invalidated, please use Lost Password to create a new password. More info...
    Dismiss Notice

change the anti spam

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by sp33draft, Jul 16, 2021.

1. sp33draft

sp33draft Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    the anti spam that is being used right now in my opinion is really bad you can say welcome to someone and than you cant say that again until the server reset or you say some random stuff to bypass it
    i think the anti spam should count how many time you typed said thing in how much time and should stop you from spamming if you are saying the same thing like 4 times in one minute or something and not stop you from saying something after hours

and i think that peoples that have already a lot of time on the server like 300 i think would be good shouldn't have the slowmode on global because they should already know what is allowed on the network and to not to spam on global

i would love to hear your suggestion about the anti spam and global chat

MaraJade2 likes this.
  2. MaraJade2

MaraJade2 Junior Moderator

Local Time:
    5:08 PM
    I don't know the specifics of the anti-spam plugin, but I agree that it would be nice if it could be tweaked to fix things like this. Saying "Yep" twice in a row several hours apart is not spamming, especially after I've tried to say "Yes" instead somewhere in there and still couldn't.

sp33draft likes this.
  3. LordEreh

LordEreh much sad Doge

Local Time:
    2:08 AM
    There was already few or dozen threads about this.
    It's so annoying matter, why dont remove yes, no, welcome, hello, hi etc from anti spam or change to max 5-10 before anti spam kicks in.
    I think in the past some1 told the same... why staff again dont listen?

4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Ironically, that is exactly how it works. When you speak you get a spam point, spam points disappear after XX many seconds, speak too many times in XX many sec and accrue too many spam points...get a warning. Repeat same comment in XX many seconds...get a warning.

We can look into adjusting the timers, etc, but I suspect we're already riding the fine line for adjusting stuff like this.

5. sp33draft

sp33draft Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    than it sounds like the spam point dont disappear because you can say "yes" than after a few hours you still cant say "yes" again

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  6. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    agreed on the yes/no/hi/hello words to be excluded from the spam filter. Its annoying you cant repeat a yes twice in a row. And saying stuff like Affirmative to circumvent that is just tedious.

7. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    Would be nice if staff was excluded from this :)

mrminesheeps likes this.
  8. sp33draft

sp33draft Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    and people that hit a playtime on the network i mean after a long time you should know the rules on this network

mrminesheeps likes this.
  9. Redshii

Redshii Patron Tier 3 Patron Tier 2 Booster

Local Time:
    I think Gabe and Sp33d proposed the best 'mature' solution. I have this quite often when I want to reply to a PM and use /p instead of /r. Trying to rearrange the words just gives me a spam warning and it's quite hard to figure out a way if you were explaining something specific. There's always discord chat logs in case someone does go ham in my opinion.

10. eragon2262

eragon2262 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    6:08 PM
    There have been times where I sent a message before I moved and it never actually sent but it is still added to the spam list so I cant actually say what I typed without completely changing it. This is really annoying when I type a long message to help someone and then am unable to once I've actually moved. Sometimes it just is a little overzealous. I definitely understand you don't want people going crazy but sometimes it goes too far

mrminesheeps likes this.
  11. sp33draft

sp33draft Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    can a admin/manager maybe respond and give his opinion about this except what hanover said i understand what he said but i mean a respond about the new stuff that other ppl suggestion ?

LordEreh likes this.