1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Chunk loaders

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BookerTheGeek, Feb 23, 2022.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    Heyo. Back again. Sorry.

So I've discovered a small issue. Small as in it only effects a small percentage of players.

Sutuation:
    Player Bob has a base. Bob decides to chunk load his base. Everything is going good.

Bob has to take an unexpected break from playing, causing Bob's base to reset. Sad dad for Bob.

After the reset, Bob comes back to play. Bob builds his base and want to chunk load it again. But he runs into an issue.

Bobs old loader still exists. Not really as his old base was reset, but it thinks it is still their.

So Bob has to somehow travel back to the exact cords and place a new Chunkloader where the old one was, and then disable it. Only then can Bob load his new base.

Solution #1:
    Add into the script that regenerate claims, a line that also removes all chunk loaders for the owner of the removed claim.

Solution #2:
    Let players remove all chunkloaders via chat command.

Thank you coming to my suggestion and have a great day!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:31 PM
    I think /cm remove already exists, but just needs to be made available to everyone

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Iirc /cm command works only on 1.12+ and not on 1.7 but never tested them

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    Any Minecraft version really. This should be automated if for nothing else then less server-side resources being spent checking if the player is online or ticket count. Along with removing it will decrease file size. (A minuscule reduction I know, but every little bit helps).

5. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    12:31 PM
    Going to beep @Administrator to see if this could be done. I know it is an issue that while claim reset does remove the iron/gold block, it doesn't also remove the chunkloader itself.

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:31 PM
    Going to ping @SirWill on what he would like to do with this, as it is outside my scope of things I can do.

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:

SparedPumpkins and BookerTheGeek like this.