1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Chunkloading Tweaks for GTNH

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by CanadaBunny, Feb 7, 2021.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    Exactly my point :p My hope is to have either a larger space for slightly less (allowing less crowded chunks) or the same space for significantly cheaper (which would accomplish the same goal in the end)

2. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    RIP TPS.
    I get online Chunkloading if the server has a 12 player limit or something like that, but if everyone can Chunkload offline for a cheap cost as well. You dont have a playable server within days of a reset.

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So how about only online lower costs? Tbh i never used offline loading.

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Exactly, this whole idea only really works for online loaders. Offline loaders are a luxury and should be the same price as normal.

5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    So how about this.
    Increase the number of online loaders and reduce the cost a bit? Not sure how much of a reducing i will do but I can play it by ear once everyone provides more feedback.

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    Also, if anyone has screenshots of a decent size base and has a chunkloader, can you send it here or PM it? Screenshot the operating cost of the loader. This will help me see how much I need to reduce it by.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    My base, with all my machines in it right now, loads a single chunk for 150. Which is a very large number, it'll blow through a solid chunk of tickets in a day. A 3x3 of the same base is 250. It gets pricey as hell to keep loaded.

Added note: I run on bare minimum necessary machinery. If you wanted to check Alphaest's, it could be much, MUCH higher.

8. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    The reason for this is the HeavyLoad multiplier. That was my suggestion to resolve these issues, lower the heavy load multiplier so 1x1 and 3x3 bases are cheaper to maintain when jammed FULL of machinery. We could also establish a standard setting for other packs that have a heavy machine load like this pack.

But theory is one thing...reality is another :)

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    We could do testing using my base as a baseline- Lowering that multiplier could (in theory) heavily reduce the amount of tickets needed to load the base. If you wanted to try and get ahold of Alphaest, you could use him for a heavier load test as well.

10. alphaest

alphaest Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    I am reusing all my machines with AE to keep the cost and space requirements down. I would love to build vertically, like just add another room but can't since i'm out of chunk loaders and have to build a new layer/floor.
    My cost is currently in equilibrium with Patron 2 daily ticket income.
    But as said, this is only because i have the tech and materials to ae2 everything for re-usability.
    There are issues with this though - like large chems getting stuck, producing wrong fluids or output getting split and staying full.

Now, this is after optimizing and rebuilding for weeks.
    Right now i'm unable to:
    1. run my farm and miner at the same time - out of chunk loaders.
    2. build new houses/rooms - out of chunk loaders.
    3. build fps laggy systems like tree farms out of sight - out of chunk loaders.
    4. run multiple systems in my base together (like a massive auto-craft+refinery+ore processing) - way too fps laggy since everything is so compact - if i could've just built the systems 3 chunks apart this wouldn't be an issue.
    5. build my up and coming fusion reactor anywhere else but underground in B3

So if you're offering more loaders, change my offline loaders to online loaders and/or reduce the prices, all of them would help.

CanadaBunny and mrminesheeps like this.
  11. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Week has passed

BUMP

mrminesheeps likes this.
  12. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    @alphaest can you post a screenshot or two of your base (with chunk borders visible), and a pic of your chunk loader screen so we can see costs relative to base?

Aido's currently on Absence for a few more days. We should be able to adjust this properly when he gets back. Some screenshots will make that much easier.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  13. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Ok since alpha didnt post pics i do my base then:
    [​IMG]
    on first plan we have only LV machines and some enderIO and its cost is:
    [​IMG]
    On 2nd plan of the 1st pic we have MV, and HV machines with clean room and EBF and on other levels
    [​IMG]
    Me system, reactor and drawers
    [​IMG]
    2 pyrosyle oves and 2 distilation towers + fluid subsystem for its products
    [​IMG]
    and another set for not much using stuff, and all that costs us:
    [​IMG]
    And thats just 1 central chunk we have most of stuff, when we chunklod 3x3 cost rises to 250.

I hope this will help tweak costs a little, we dont have much automation. If admins/managers need to have a closer look theres coordinates on each screen

14. LordEreh

Local Time:
    damn... why screenshots are gone now?

15. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I recommend that you use Imgur: The magic of the Internet to upload images. The site is fast, easy, and images don't get deleted.

16. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Since they added anti-adblock i try using other sites that dont use such

17. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    Really? I use AdBlock Plus and I can use imgur just fine without disabling ABP.

HanoverFist69 likes this.
  18. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Idk, maybe i need add more filter lists...

Also can we get back to the real topic here?

Chunkloading costs are skyrockting bc that "machine multiplier"

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    *bump* would like to see an update on this perhaps? I'm reluctant to expand the base outwards if there's not going to be any adjustments. @alphaest do you mind possibly donating some easy screenshots of your chunkloading costs? It'd be much appreciated.

20. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    Yes, we need some screenshots of a base/chunk cost. Also, Aido's a bit busy with RL so please be patient on this.

mrminesheeps likes this.