1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[CIV] Market Restrictions

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BookerTheGeek, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Market restrictions?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2016.
  1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

57.1%
  1. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    7:52 AM
    Would be a no from me, since any item you may decide to make endgame could still be looted from a grave. @Arcanuo's idea is nice tho.

2. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    The way I see it, its not unfair that someone can just buy an item that takes hours to make because everyone else can too. You know that whole if everybody is above average than everybody is average thing.

3. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If the restrictions are lifted it would allow people to skip progression through mods and get to the best part without any effort it would ruin the essence of the game if one was able to buy capacitor seeds ,ender io panel ,terra shatterer rank ss these items are called end game for a reason the mods where made for people to progress through not skip them allowing people to sell any thing on the market is cheaty kinda like having a creative inventory

the way it is now is just fine the items on the market are mostly basic and allow people to boost / help them through progression

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Kazeodori likes this.
  4. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    Currently scouring the deep dark lands of Google, curse and reading through old conversations for a shop plugin that's;

1) Stable
    2) Supports Mods/IDs
    3) Has a blacklist

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  5. coolgi3000

Local Time:
    I used to play on a server for FTB ultimate that used a pretty good shop plugin where everyone could have their own stall and it worked with all the modded items, but i dont think it had a blacklist. and i cant remember what it was called :(

6. coolgi3000

Local Time:
    But if we are not listing endgame items on civ, then why do we list them on other servers? I would think that in civ you would need to list them even more than other servers because of the whole PvP thing.
    I still dont think endgame items are necisarilly required on any server, but it is an interesting concept to think about.

7. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    civ is a very diffrent sever to infinty for example there is a diffrent community and diffrent rules and within the civs ecosystem free trading is a important part. we like to be able to for all entents and purposes to be able to do what we want change what we want (still listening to rules ofc) which is why the rules are very diffrent civ is in my mind the community server on mym.

8. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    as much as i agree with you john i must point out the fact that rules are needed in order for the server to run smoothly and be fair to all the other player s

tell me john do u think its fair that i go through 5-6 days worth of blood magic to gain a specific item while some noob obtains it within 30 seconds because he donated and he has money ?

i highly doubt this would be fair and therefor there must be some limitations i cannot see how trading endgame items is fare mods are created to progress through and the mod authors dislike when servers give players benefits eg flight and items in the market and that is why i highly doubt they would be ok with someone selling ichor armor these mod packs are created with the aim to progress

i am all for trading useful flight potions or some cool little tools and so on but not "end game " items

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    but whos game are they recking yours nope theres they wont get the fun or skill out of learning the mods they miss out not u

King_Cronus likes this.
  10. PlasmaNoodle

PlasmaNoodle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:52 AM
    As many others stated, if you want to spoil your fun and skip straight to end game, let them. That is the less time they have to make the pack something enjoyable, although, messing around with end game stuff may be fun. :p

johnfg10 likes this.
  11. Arcanuo

Local Time:
    I understand why endgame lists could be needed on other servers, but I do not see the need on Civi. Civi seems to level its economy and endgame trading system out very well, imo. Nothing is too cheap, endgame materials is sold, but not to frequently, and rarely over the market.

*Back to Dw20*

12. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Hmm...

That doesn't look like Civ to me.

13. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ^ ye oi :p get on civ lol

14. Arcanuo

Local Time:
    I was on last night, just so you are aware.

johnfg10 likes this.
  15. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ik was just joking :)

16. Death_Stapler

Death_Stapler Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Putting restrictions on selling things in the market is not necessary or effective.

It is not necessary because if something is difficult enough to make, it will be reflected in the price. If someone has voted enough or sold enough through the market to be able to afford expensive items, then so be it.

It is not always effective to have market restrictions when people can still do off market trades.

On a side note, I do not like the way the market is setup. In this modpack that I believe is focused on community, we don't need to be in the same location as others to do any market interaction. I use to visit spawn to interact with the market NPCs, until I realized there were commands that I could do from anywhere. Every time I'm been to spawn, it has been devoid of people. Perhaps, as mentioned in previous posts, a new market system would be a good idea.

17. johnfg10

Local Time:
    im working on something to sort that dont worrie ;) if i get my way (most likly wont) we will ditch the market on civ and have "trade boths" in a area just out of spawn

Death_Stapler likes this.
  18. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:52 AM
    The booths are a nice addition how ever "the world market" should stay, you don't have enough booths to provide all players that are actually selling, and then there is the claim permissions overseen by another in game player.

19. johnfg10

Local Time:
    we can sort that wana see how it turns out testing them if there good then were sorted :)

20. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Ah, and what would that be?