1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Civilization] Ars Magica

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BookerTheGeek, Jan 25, 2016.

?

Should we add it.

Poll closed Feb 1, 2016.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    5:36 PM
    Ars Magica is really awesome, but honestly it has lots of issues with bugs, and I'm pretty sure you could use it to bypass claims in some ways.

I've voted no, but if Mithion is back in action and fixing the bugs and stuff, then I will vote yes.

2. Dat_Doc

Dat_Doc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:36 AM
    Yeah we should add it, if its stable and dont gives buggs. This mod will add some new elements to the server

johnfg10 likes this.
  3. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    8:36 AM
    I am going to go with no, its a cool mod but i feel the neiche it would fill has already been taken. we have botania blood magic and thaumcraft. between the three of them everything ars brings to the table has already been covered.

4. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    <3 I remember buddy. You and I both did Thaum, I remember that was my first TC4 Modpack. And you had a farm with Pech's and used their beans to make a ton of Essentia with an Advanced Alchemical Furnace

5. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    3:36 PM
    I don't think botania , blood magic and thaumcraft cover what you can do with Ars magica those 3 mods gives you ability that are already selected by the pack author but with Ars you can go crazy with your spell ability and make the strongest one with the many ability you unlock

What i mean is Tc , BM and Botania does not allow you to be creative with the magical weapons they offer, they are already pre selected and are weak comparing to the spells you can create with Ars magica

Xyrik and ImperialPlanet like this.
  6. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    11:36 PM
    I can confirm he is back, had a little chat with him about Tarma roots :3

julio1237878 likes this.
  7. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    Yeah, I agree with Julio, TC, BM, and Botania all offer great stuff, but none of them have the freedom with creating spells that you do in Ars Magica 2. Especially an Ars Magica 2 that will continue to be worked on.

8. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i honestly cant wait to see what gets added to ars i mean just before he stop working on it a few nice blocks got added but had no real purpose[DOUBLEPOST=1454070934,1454016321][/DOUBLEPOST]well considering the fact you cant do thaumcraft any more on the server we need ars magica to fill the void now

johnfg10 likes this.
  9. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    U can add mods ? Can I make a suggestion for a good MOD ? To solve the storage for issues it's a good alternative

10. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    what mod is it

11. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    Thaumcraft is not going to stay permanently broken afaik. Also I'm no longer of the opinion that we really need another storage system now that I have an 11x5x11 block of storage drawers (full block, 4 drawers each) that all have Emerald Upgrades hooked up to an Inventory Panel. 2450 Unique items currently, and 104 stacks of each. For right now that's completely fine and is entirely upgradable.

12. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:36 PM
    This is pretty much my thoughts on the mod being added.
    -V

13. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    well its lucky mithion is back isnt it

julio1237878 likes this.
  14. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    johnfg10 and julio1237878 like this.
  15. AtaroBlade

AtaroBlade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:36 PM
    In a game like civilization, I feel like this would actually be something that should exist.

Due to this being the idea of different civilizations having existed, and with Ars being so extensive, it would only make sense for a civilization to have gone into this form of spell crafting.

It adds a good differences from (in my opinion) the droll mind-numbing research of thaumcraft, without actually taking away from the other mods, as it doesn't typically have access to things that other mods work with.

While I do feel there are some issues with Ars Magica overall (mostly with the interaction with other mods) I feel like this could be implemented as a way for plays to have another source of magic to work with, and with this having such a long system that you can follow, helps to add to the longevity of the server.

While I haven't exactly read everyone's opinion on this, please don't let the idea that one person could make a big spell that is powerful be the reason everyone as a whole shouldn't be able to experience and have fun playing this great mod.

Ataro

Dovahpork likes this.
  16. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So mithion is back :O didn't expect but really if he is going to fix are we must have it it is a great mod and the bosses are fun :D

17. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    soo any update??? i love this mod an miss it in 1.7 :'(

18. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I heard talk of someone fixing it as it was going in Bookers new pack so

19. Dovahpork