1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Civilization] Disarming

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BookerTheGeek, Jan 26, 2016.

?

Should we disable disarming?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2016.
  1. Yes

47.4%
  2. No

52.6%
  1. Win_J

Win_J Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
    I suggest somehow make the disarming effect only last like say the period of (when they were last hit + 10 seconds) because if your items get dropped it can easily be abused so that people just steal your item and teleport away or go invis and take your items

2. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:08 AM
    I am against disarming because I don't want to lose my soulbound items. If the disarming remains then we should stop getting equipment and weapons and everyone should become vampire or werewolf.

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    Disable it for weapons, not armor, as being a very important thing for WW to be able to do damage, otherwise it's absolutely useless to do so

4. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    could disarm be made that an items goes from the quickslot into the inventory instead on the ground, that way items wouldn't get lost.
    if thats possible disarm should be perfectly ligit, else not cool to lose those items you worked so hard for.

5. OldManPingu

OldManPingu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:08 AM
    So excatly what you did to me that one time John? You can't just argue when someone gets something over you, that is like a toddler who doesn't get what he wants, come on dude, you're better than this

6. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I had my fun playing as a werewolf here, but seing people crying about this and hating me feels not worth it. Ill move on to another server/game where i will actualy enjoy playing.

7. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    I dont think anyone hates you, matijase, we witches will stick together!

julio1237878 likes this.
  8. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:

no, no one hates you im fine with u i just dont feel that this is fair for players nothing at all against you
    dont leave :D

9. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    a battle should be won because of skill and tactics, not because you tore your enemy's armour off and stole their weapon. (Im looking at you werewolves)

johnfg10 likes this.
  10. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    Takes skill to get to that level of Werewolves, same as making a silly little rapier

11. johnfg10

Local Time:
    but taking your armor and weapons is not fair on other players

12. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    Is anything FAIR? on a PvP Pack, it seems this community, (me included) moans when we find something OP and force it out, at this rate we will have nothing left

13. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i under stand this but do u think that because someone is a werewolf they should be able to unbalance every mod whitch is effectivly what this is if i do a tech mod i dont have witchry so im completly defenceless thats my problem with it

14. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes it takes skill to get to level 9 WW, No they should not disarm it's bad enough they do 25% of an armors durability in a couple hits, and have more armor and HP, if you want to make it even more one sided for WW's to decimate people then be my guest to argue, I will not argue about this.

I have just a few things to point out.

1. Werewolves have the ability to "rend armor" at level 9, and can change forms at will, and can walk anywhere at any time
    2. When it says "rend armor" it means it will do a great deal of damage to the armor and tear it off, that ability alone has the ability to damage non-damageable armor (bound, awakened ichor, (discharge then DESTROY)draconic, etc.)
    3. Can murder vamps and cannot have blood sucked without vamp being set ablaze

soy what you feel, I have just state my view. Opinions are like [Redacted] we all have one.[DOUBLEPOST=1453922034][/DOUBLEPOST]I have no problems with Werewolves, but that is my only problem with them is the disarming property and how even if in your claim your armor can be stolen/broken when you worked so hard on it.

i made a set of bloody thaumaturge robes, and 30 mins later i was attacked by a Werewolf and it was destroyed while i was doing my TC work. I have no problems with the armor damage part. I just think disarm would be overkill[DOUBLEPOST=1453922226][/DOUBLEPOST]oh and @oldmanpengu, to further your little rapier thing, all you need is juggernaut armor and you'll live or WW, rapiers and crossbows should stay just to balance it with WW's and other things, just reduce the % of armor ignored, its a config @BookerTheGeek just put it to 50% instead of 100%, and those weps IRL were made to pierce armor, i should know i use one and smith swords.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    johnfg10 likes this.
  15. johnfg10

Local Time:
    @Jun_ basicly what he said :D

16. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    I don't really see the validity of referring to "real life" because..................it's a game? Unless you want to argue werewolves are real?

I honestly just feel (my own opinion) that we all just complain about too many things, want to defeat a werewolf, shoot it with silver...........Problem solved, every mod is OP in it's own respect, if Ars gets added many people will claim that OP.

I just think we all (me included) need to build a bridge and get over it

17. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yes but the difference with rl and in a game they were not meant to pierce magical armor the fact you can just bypass someones high tech armor with a low tech sword is just stupid

18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    so nerf them simple plus when there are things like this in witchry its as balanced as werewolfs disarming people

19. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    they only disarm when they reach full form
    where they can not use weps or armor

20. johnfg10

Local Time:
    but can change at will correct?