1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Civilization] Disarming

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BookerTheGeek, Jan 26, 2016.

?

Should we disable disarming?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2016.
  1. Yes

47.4%
  2. No

52.6%
  1. OldManPingu

OldManPingu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    Or we could all stop whining about loosing items on a (semi) PVP server.....last time I got killed I remade my stuff, nothing is forever

2. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    or we just get rid of this as it is really over powered

3. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    well if we keep complaining about stuff then we would be better off playing vanilla minecraft . there is a ton of stuff in this pack that i am sure people will start complaining about later on

4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    not really this is a fairly new pack it needs to be made fair for all users not just werewolfs there are other players for example vamps,tec players, thaumcrafters and more not just werewolfs

5. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    I can say this and 100% agree with my statement, It will be in caps (IT WILL NEVER BE FAIR!) I'm sorry but it just won't. That is the nature of modded minecraft

6. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i do agree but it should be resnobly fair this is not

7. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    I can see that, but then we have to ask where do we draw the line?

Arcanuo likes this.
  8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i cant answer that tbh but this is way over the line

9. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    I think you'd have to look at everything as a whole, then decided where the line can be drawn

10. johnfg10

Local Time:
    the line should be where tech and magic mods are equal in power not so that withcry can unblance the pack

11. OldManPingu

Local Time:
    Tech and Magic, can't and really shouldn't be equal realistically it should seesaw but that won't happen

12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ye but you know what i mean as in respectivly i mean like ye magic should be better then tech because it is harder to get but not so much better that tech becoms pointless

13. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:01 AM
    If a werewolf can't wear armor or use weapons, why would he need to keep their items anyway? If there was anyway to allow disarming, but at the same time the werewolf doesn't get to keep the armor, then I would be okay with it. But I, along with other players, did not spend time, MyM's, and resources, only to have a loophole ruin the point of soul bounding all my items.

If people don't like the fact that they don't get a "reward" from PvP, then they can always kill people listed in /bounty list.

johnfg10 likes this.
  14. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    8:01 AM
    One of my issues is, "let us PvP aslong as there is no risk", yes yes yes, PvP is not the focus, or so we have heard but in all honesty alot of players focus on it, the brunt of the matter it is a focus. This is going to come out biased, I am a long term faction player, and when I heard Civi was officially released I jumped on within minutes. I was hoping for a pack full of PvP where I could progress by pvping other players and I had to hide my base in order to stay safe. I didn't get that, but I decided I'd stick around, and I have enjoyed Civi. I worry though about "PvP is fine as long as I don't lose X", why do you even have X if not to kill people? If your attempting to kill people with your Ticon bow, you should be able to lose that bow. Risk VS Reward. It's the poor mans solution to I cant get items from your grave, so I should have the ability to get some sort of item from you, and disarming adds that but doesn't take all your items. I feel this is a fair compromise that blends those who want to keep the majority of the items but doesn't turn PvP into I beat you up for money with 0 risk. <--- This is my mind is bad, there needs to be a risk or PvP will be that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    pizzaluc and LunaBlossoms like this.
  15. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    I would disable disarming, there is no counter play against disarming. No poppet, enchantment or item can prevent someone from removing your armor, throwing it on the ground for the person with a better connection or magnet to pick up.

If you want m,y gear u can take it from my cold dead hands.

Edit, but if its possible to move from the armor to the inventory instead of on the ground then thats all good. ofcourse what i am asking is probably not possible.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    johnfg10 likes this.
  16. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:01 AM
    Yep

johnfg10 likes this.
  17. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I always use the donor armor and I never PvP. I am more interested in expanding the economy. You can't have a successful civilization without a successful economy, ie Cities, towns, districts, mayors, peasants, market stalls, Bosses and workers etc..

18. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    Soulbound makes that impossible, and allows people to hunt without any risk.

julio1237878 and OldManPingu like this.
  19. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Its not easy to get good armour

20. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    It's legitimately a joke to get good armor, depending your definition of good. Blood Magic just requires time, not resources for Bound Armor.