1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civilization-Killing on claims (No grave robbing)

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by King_Cronus, Jan 17, 2016.

?

Allow Killing in Claims

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No-I hate you and the idea

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:03 PM
    Once I've played a MMO, full pvp i might add, where, despite being pvp and having 2 factions, a weird pact between opposing faction occur...

The fisherman (people who were fishing for profit) were protected. If anyone of any faction dare to attack a fisherman, the whole might of a guild (or many guild if necesary) set sail just to hunt "the pirate" and his whole guild until they stopped or until they D/c.

The same thing could be applied here. Since the server makes an announcement everytime someone is killed, posting the killer, we as player could "take care" of our non-pvp fellows. I know there's a few who dont like pvp and will not dwelve into any pvp related mod, those players could make a bulletin board declaring themselves Neutral. If they dare to kill someone (even in self defence) this neutrality status will be lost and they will be treated as hostile for the rest of his/her days...

Maybe it's a silly idea but it could help

2. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:03 AM
    that actually sounds fun it would also make good use of the bounty system as you could set a bounty to said murderer

3. OldManPingu

OldManPingu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Factions would in essence be a good inclusion into the plugin list

4. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    plus it would please the people who want to raid people to kill them
    but it would also be a double edge sword in which there is a chance where you will get raided by multiple factions in retaliation

5. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    where did we get from a simple kill on claim to factions

6. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    because it would make it more interesting then just killing people in claims

7. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm fine either way but I don't want rading

8. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    thats the best part about a plugin like factions you can make your self passive in which you cant kill people and they cant kill you
    so it would allow the people who want to kill people do there thing while the rest can play peacefully

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    So this doesnt have rading

10. Otaci

Otaci Member

Local Time:
    2:03 AM
    Factions sounds good.

I'm not really into PVP, mainly because Im a casual player: I have limited amount of time I can play and I dont stand a chance against people who can play all day. I've been burned by this before: start on a new world, come back to the game, and get my base nuked while I'm still in iron armor.

I accept PVP as it is on this server because I want to play the modpack, but if killing on claims were allowed then I'd probably leave.

I'd be interested in trying out factions because there are two possibilities:
    • being part of a team means I could contribute to the team and get the protection of the team, it counters the limited amount of time per week that I can play
    • or be neutral - I get to play the modpack in PVE mode while others get to play in PVP mode
    If MyM wants the modpack to succeed and allow killing on claims, then I think you need either a separate PvE server or something like factions.

11. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    well all we need now is some higher up to see this
    i do hope factions is added though it would just make this good server even greater

12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Well krhy is taking a break from the pack at the moment but I'm sure when he comes back he will have a look

13. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Do u have any specific plugin's on mind

14. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    its been a long time since i even looked at a plugin but i hope the one i said has been updated or can at least work[DOUBLEPOST=1453105147][/DOUBLEPOST]oh yes it has Factions - Fun - Minecraft Bukkit Plugins - Curse
    now i have no clue if it actually works since some plugins are iffy with modded
    but it used to work fine with modded servers

15. King_Cronus

Local Time:
    I don't really want my stuff getting raided it would allow people to skip progression. And cause more issues it's bad enough people moan when they get killed on a PvP server

16. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    then you become passive if you dont want to be raided

17. King_Cronus

Local Time:
    But I want to kill people it's not fair

18. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    i see your point but i never said you could take peoples stuff mostly just killing[DOUBLEPOST=1453105615][/DOUBLEPOST]but i suggest it more for the shear customization you can do with a claim where you can make ranks instead of having one person controll who can build and not being able to invite someone because its not your claim

19. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    7:03 PM
    I think we should be able to attack people in claims but only if fired upon first; because otherwise people could just shoot at others from inside their claim, but couldn't be attacked back.

20. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:03 PM
    Happened to me someone shot me with a crossbow so i killed them and got in trouble because they were in there claim