1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

civilsations

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by johnfg10, Feb 21, 2016.

?

new pack or put up with current

Poll closed Feb 28, 2016.
  1. ok build it a new and restart the sever(aka all my work gone)

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. update the current pack and keep the sever as it is (aka keep all your work and have a buggy sever)

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:27 AM
    were not forceing anything on anyone but the issue is no one has the time to dev civ and after all this is a COMMUNITY pack which currently staff have more pressing things to do i have a heck of a lot of spare time and ive been playing with mods for several years and am adept(uses term loosly) at using mine/modtweaker :D better have me then no one right
    Civilization 2.0 ? | Page 12 | MineYourMind Community

2. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:27 AM
    What Matijse is trying to tell you is that you should apply for a staff position else your work will never get launched, because you'll never get any permissions to do Moderator stuff without being a moderator.

3. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i dont need moderator stuff to make a pack logs i can get easily

4. Luphadir

Local Time:
    yes john, goodluck with a test server in the name of MyM

5. johnfg10

Local Time:
    worth a go :D

6. Scull

Scull Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 PM
    So what you're saying is give you full access to console and an admin rank without knowing who you are.. Because you have time on your hands?

7. johnfg10

Local Time:
    no not at all

8. Scull

Scull Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If you truly wanted to help why not find the issues and suggest an update using your version rather then asking if you can help? Because I don't see making post after post about how you can help being useful to anyone. Being you're not a staff member and can't live patch or do anything our dev's can.

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    so im making a update for MYM how is this an issue this can then be merged into the master branch i have someone that has a computer that can run a small test sever what you have just said is what i am doing and by doing this i am helping

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  10. Scull

Scull Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So rather then making a post after testing and troubleshooting an actual solution you would rather go on about how you could help or that the server needs resetting? Guess I'm just lost in your priorities.

11. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i am?
    Civilization 2.0 ? | Page 12 | MineYourMind Community
    hense why there is nothing on this thread

12. Luphadir

Local Time:
    there is no 'update' in a 'new modpack' because its new, thats just pushing 'your will' onto the community.

what is your planned beta time?
    Do you know we are close to modpacks launched for MC1.8.
    what is your time span? we alrdy needed 2 months to test current pack with 10+ players.

If your doing it for yourself then by al means go ahead and make your pack if your doing it to replace civilization i would say listen to the staff and listen to the community, we don't want a replacement we want a fix.

Scull likes this.
  13. johnfg10

Local Time:
    in theory 1 or 2 months depending
    looked at this we will not be updating any time soon as alot of mod devs are dragging there feet about 1.8
    people have requested new mods i have balenced said mods with the pack hense the question at the top do people want a quick fix or a long term solution

14. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I got denied for staff so

15. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ive applied just waiting or at least i thought i did is there anywhere i can check

16. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    They will message you with a yes or no

17. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The way I see it is as the staff do. It have time to look after the pack nor update it or satisfy the needs of the player's the simple solution would be to launch a remastered version of civilization there for allowing the new mods to add ores and change the world and allow the player's to start fresh rather than having a pack that has around 6-12 players a day[DOUBLEPOST=1456162653][/DOUBLEPOST]Regarding the crash logs if u staff don't have enough time to work on the server why not ask the community for a fix there is no shame in asking for help

18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    also i have sorted ore gen out its alot nicer and more relistic now[DOUBLEPOST=1456162737][/DOUBLEPOST]in theory me and @JIMA9399 should have a small whitelisted sever set up tonight when set up i will msg ppl with ip

19. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Correct me if I am wrong but to implement new ore gen a world reset is needed

20. johnfg10

Local Time:
    depends new ores can be retrogened but this takes time and has before now caused issues the world gen i have implemented will only take effect in new chunks but and there is a but in theory i might know a way around that by turning all current ore into stone and then retro genning the map but this would take a day or 2