1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Claimed Plots: Allow Toggle Mob Spawning On/Off

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Auonddon, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Auonddon

Auonddon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    It would be nice to be able to turn off mob spawning in our claims. Possibly on a claim by claim basis.

orionbeta likes this.
  2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:41 AM
    If you don't want mobs to spawn in your area then make a chandelier (16 block radius) or magnum torch (64 block radius) from extra utilities, both reduce natural mob spawning by like 99%...

Just as admins will almost never "/toggledownfall" to stop the rain since there are legitimate ways to do it using available ingame mechanics, we're unlikely to give you a free way to disable mob spawns when you can do it yourself using the items mentioned above.

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    without wanting to step onto a wrong foot, I get a lot of requests if we couldn´t disable tpa as there are plenty of possibilities to do this with mods and we kinda make them useless. however I get the same the other way around, that /back is a basic command..

4. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:41 AM
    To be honest, I'm surprised that /tpa isn't a Tier 1 perk... if I were in your position, I'd make non-donors use the in-game teleportation methods or meet at /spawn to conduct trades etc, and then have /tpa as one of the core incentive for making the minimum Tier donation of 5€.

Obviously if you tried to do that now that everyone is used to having it, there would be an uproar but such is life![DOUBLEPOST=1396059703,1396058943][/DOUBLEPOST]On a somewhat related note, I was asked the other day if we could have the server sell Mystcraft Crystals on the /market for making Mystcraft portal frames that use Linkbooks, but totally forgot to ask you or @SirWilli ...

Sure there is the EnhancedPortals mod for making portal frames, but Mystcraft Linkbooks have a definite advantage of not needing a portal frame built at the destination if it doesn't need to be two-way, and also there is the issue that EnhancedPortals afaik requires the 2x3x2 "Dimensional Bridge Stabiliser" multiblock to be chunkloaded for any portal powered by it to function, which obviously is an issue on a server like ours where only Tier 4 donors can chunkload making them effectively useless for most people, whereas Mystcraft portals have no such limitations.... so I'll leave it to you to consider :)

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    Crystals are now on the market ;)