1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Claiming and chunk loading

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BookerTheGeek, Dec 14, 2021.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    Heyo!

Back again with another suggestion.

Many packs (basically almost all I've tried since 1.16 came out) are including the ftb chunk/map/team mod.

I've looked into the configuration and after talking to the dev's for this mod, it looks like it would be a nice permenant replacement and/or stopgap replacement for our mym claiming/chunkloading plugins.

• PRO'S
      • Works in 1.12 and up
      • Intagratable with ranks
      • Integratable with legacy tiers
      • Intagratable with patron
      • Easy to use
      • Easy team support
    • CON'S
      • Different from what we use now.
      • Needs testing
        • We could test it on a couple of patron servers to see how it works
      • Ticket usage for loading would need to be modified.
        • I haven't figured out how we could use tickets to fuel chunks as these don't require fuel to run.

I just think it would be something mym should look into as it sorta sticks to play the newer packs without chunkloading or claiming.

We could use tickets to buy claimant chunks, or as a permanent increase in loadable chunks? Say X amount of tickets gets you a permanent increase of one more chunk you can load.

We could also use playtime rank for the amount of claimant chunks? For example someone who just jobs gets a 1x1, rank two gets 2x2, rank 3 gets 3x3 and so on.

So the more you play the more you can claim, and the more you vote the more you can load.

Offline loading could be for patron / legacy tiers only?

The mechanics obviously would need some discussion between owners and admins, but I think this is something we should really look into

2. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    3:30 AM
    We do have the ftb claim/chunk loading enabled on our 1.16 pack since we don't have claim/chunk loading plugins available for it.

I don't see us switching over to it for packs that we can use the plugins because not all packs come with those mods in, and I don't think that is one we could just add without affecting 3rd party launchers. So, for ease of use, having 1 method for chunk loading/claiming is easier.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    Gotcha. When last i tried one of the 1.16 packs we had no claiming or loading. If we are using the FTB mods now that is awesome!