1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Click here if you are having trouble with the Questbook or are approaching the collection quests

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by AceOfBases, Apr 6, 2018.

1. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    Welcome! This isn't really a support request, so I'm hoping that marking it done means no admin has to use up time on it. This post is to help the players prepare for staff, to cut down on time spent. If you're a player who is getting close to the collection quests, or is having a problem completing a quest already, read on!

Having played through the entire questbook, there are definitely some quests that have issues. The collection quests all appear to be broken, in that the OSS doesn't register the materials you are pouring into it. This can be very bad, if you pour a million dirt in and it never even notices. Staff cannot verify that, and so you will start over. In addition, some crafting quests and retrieval quests don't seem to work well. So, if you need a staff member to come finish a quest so that you can progress, here's what you can do to prepare for that visit, and reduce the time they have to spend.

1: Put all the materials for the quest into a container. A quantum storage holds enough for any collection quest in the game. A resonant cache holds 500k. Whatever you choose, put it all in the container and have it sitting out in the open.

2: Put a sign next to it with the Quest ID and the req'd materials. The quest ID can be found on the overview screen (flowchart) by hovering over the quest and using <shift>. This lets staff easily see the number and amount, and verify that against the book.

3: Use /ticket create or get on Discord. My personal experience posting in the forums is that the other two places work better for this particular issue, but your mileage may vary. I'm usually a fan of posting in the forums, so that other people may see the solution and learn from it, but in this case there's really not much to learn. So, in my opinion, make a ticket or ask in Discord.

Now, all the staff member has to do is walk down your row of containers, verify the numbers, clear your quests, break the containers and spawn replacements. Quick and easy, everybody wins. The less time staff has to spend on this, the more they have to do other things!

TL;DR- Don't pour resources into the OSS for collection quests, put them in containers and call a staff member on /ticket create or Discord.

If I'm online, and you'd like assistance, feel free to ask. I'm generally willing and able to assist, if you're pleasant and appreciative. :)

upload_2018-4-5_21-13-45.

upload_2018-4-5_21-14-44.

upload_2018-4-5_21-15-21.

Hope this helps! Enjoy being Forever Stranded! upload_2018-4-5_21-13-45. upload_2018-4-5_21-14-44. upload_2018-4-5_21-15-21.

Anne_Marry and Wise22wise like this.