1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Closed] MyM | Ark Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ash00182, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ackross

Ackross SpudWhacker

Local Time:
    1:31 PM
    wait a sec.... what rules this is THe ARK, you must susrvive, pillage, hunt, forrage, kill others, take, survive, what part of prehistoc survival game is not clear?

its entitrely free for all on a offical server..

Its only custom servers with plugins and custom rules that are different, like increased gather multiplier, and PvE and PVP disabled.

this server is none of those or that, so there is no oh dont kill me i'm a carebear, or dont blow up my house and take my things, yes it requires effort and resources to blow it all up , so kinda pointless.

As someone who played this for along time on both offical and custom servers, I know all about loss and having to start over 10+ times as individual and as tribe member/leader.

hope that clarifies what ARK :survival is actually about. :)

2. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:31 AM
    Our server is set up to be mainly PvE with PvP enabled last i knew, if players marked land as pve only then you where not supposed to touch it.
    We really do need an official break down on rules though as well as a easy to use system for submitting mod requests or config changes. Every person I have talked to either says they cant use github or have no idea what it is.

3. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    A. They are meanies B. We are on Herbivore island so they would have to walk a long way. C. They wont admit defeat so we cant destroy anything. D. Ive ran outa ideas.

4. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    Here is what I have so far for a set of rules, let me know what yall think and what should be amended.

• Breaking of player structures,machines,walls, ect. is not allowed. However, you may break down doors to raid structures. You may not break dino gates on walls, but can on buildings.

• Breaking of Storage boxes is permitted, however breaking of safes is not.

• Killing of exposed tamed Dinos is allowed, however if they are behind locked doors and full structures you may not kill them.

• The world is open PvPvE, this means that any player not part of your tribe can attack and kill you at any time.

Rebelborn likes this.
  5. Ackross

Ackross SpudWhacker

Local Time:
    what i am seeing is a correllation with the network rules, thats the mistake not to make, i.e. dont try to apply minecraft rules to a different game,

point 1 - breaking walls, dino gates, to get to the buiildings is a must, it happens on every server, so not allowing that is crazy imo

point 2 - safes - its another storage , and requires explosives , expensive, so effort reaps reward , unless the owner was cheeky and fills it with fibre ... lol

point 3 - killing tamed dinos, again not feasible, as they could be set to attack you when you breach the perimieter. or when you trigger them while trying to break in.

just my two cents as an experienced ARK dweller

Rebelborn likes this.
  6. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thats not a correlation of the MC rules, thats the rules that were figured out between what the MYM ARK community wanted and liked playing like

7. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    What about a pvp server to? So if u want to pvp its a server for that and a server for pve?

Ackross likes this.
  8. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ark is too resource intensive to have two servers running side by side

9. Ackross

Ackross SpudWhacker

Local Time:
    yes either do 2 servers or play it as intended, and no carebears allowed :p

**slingshots a carebear, feeds it gummybears and tames it to go cook him a steak dinner

10. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have a modded pvp server if mym want to and allowe me to announce it i be glad to. Tat way mym can have two servers. The server is payed for a year.

Ackross likes this.
  11. roobarb2

Local Time:
    Change door to doorway, I just encountered problems with players blocking the doorway and I would like to smash it down

12. ZombieRwkGod

ZombieRwkGod Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ha i'm being a meanie, your tribe destroy my buildings, kill me, and take my stuff, but i'm the meanie

13. RomaDaddy

Local Time:
    If we go full on default survival, would we keep the current values for harvest and taming and things like that?
    if not what should we do, more or less?
    I am trying to get some player feedback since there seems to be a growing network on the game now ^_^.

Also would we do another map wipe or would we stay with what we have at the unfair advantage to others?

14. Ackross

Ackross SpudWhacker

Local Time:
    anincreased gather rate would be nice , say x 20, as default rate sucks dino eggs :p

15. Uukon

Uukon Active Member

Local Time:
    I think the rules are fine the way they are. It helps to make people that just start have enough time to get build up before they get raided over and over again. As far as default survival i say no multipliers at all then everyone has to work a heck of a lot harder to get to where they can just pillage smaller tribes continuously[DOUBLEPOST=1454795769,1454794925][/DOUBLEPOST]Yea Zombie and I are meanies because it took all of 8 seconds to figure a way to stop Kunta Anuum from raiding us. That is until they broke a bunch of walls and ceiling

16. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @RomaDaddy you know if the Egg hatch speed, mating interval and Baby mature speed have been left as the normal speeds? We Looks like we have to wait a few hours for eggs to hatch and over a day between matings atm which seems a bit out of line with the other changes on the server :)

Edit: If not maybe changed to be in line with the tame time? so
    MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.16
    EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=6
    BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=6

The last one especially would prevent having to spend hours hand-feeding babies until they can eat from troughs.

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    feel free to do so on the linked github repo.

18. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ok I think I did it right XD

Slind likes this.
  19. roobarb2

Local Time:
    I want herb ireland @Uukon @ZombieRwkGod cant blame me for wanting that ireland, all you have to do is move out, get better resources, come back and attack... Its as easy as that, and the reason we blew your cieling in is because There was 4 of us and it was realy annoying to get inside without blowing everything up xD[DOUBLEPOST=1454836265,1454832418][/DOUBLEPOST]Can somebody update the server to 325? or whatever it is, the grapplingh hooks update plz

20. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can anyone check if the changes made to the ARK server last night went to the right place? The rates for mating/incubation and maturation seem to still be vanilla :( I did a bit of research, apparently they should be edited into game.ini in /script/shootergame.shootergamemode instead of with the other settings as I thought yesterday.
    They should be:
    MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125
    EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=8
    BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.