1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Complete Freeze After Joining

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by NarutoxBoss, Aug 7, 2016.

1. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    7:47 PM
    My friend and I had been playing on the Galactic Science server for around a week, and then randomly a couple days ago we both got insane fps drop to zero and complete freeze of our game. You click anything, and you get the "Not Responding" message in the top of the window and eventually are asked if you want to close it. Whenever either of us joins we get about one second of no lag then the fps drop, then the freeze. I talked to an admin on TS about it, and they said they thought it was a memory leak, and needed someone to take a look at it. He said it was effecting the whole server, but I see people playing on it and in the short time I don't have lag when joining I've seen people talking in chat completely normally, like nothing is wrong. It leads me to believe this could just be some problem with my friend and I's base or something. I read a thread that ended up being a glitched firework that needed to be removed from a player's base, I don't know if this could be a similar situation. I created a ticket, but obviously couldn't do it from the Galactic Science server, so I did it from the hub world. I don't know if an admin could figure this out by joining in spawn, and if they don't get lag there, tp to my base or something and see if they get the crash. I was really enjoying playing on the server until this happened.

2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Launcher log and cords please

3. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    Launcher Log:

let me see if I can open f3 and get the coords before freezing

X: 13592.49569

Y: 57.000

Z: 16999.30000

Also yeah, for sure seeing people talking normally in chat, this obviously isn't happening to them.

4. tyler489

Local Time:
    Turn ur render distended as small as it will go

5. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    I turned every setting to as low as possible and I ended up with the same result, but maybe a couple more frames per minute. Still unplayable, still unable to move to figure anything out. If you were asking me to do that so I could grab the xyz coords, they're in the edit above.[DOUBLEPOST=1470542483,1470526907][/DOUBLEPOST]If a person in a position of power sees this, I still need help. We've pretty much confirmed it's a problem at our base, because a friend joined and had no problems until joining my island.

6. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:47 PM
    What were the last blocks you placed or what were you working on?

7. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    The last thing I was doing was walking down the stairs into our basement with some diamonds to convert into carbon nanotubes, I didn't make it downstairs mind you, I was simply walking down them when it occurred. My friend says that he was in the middle of attempting to use an enchanting table when it happened. The last block he had placed was the enchanting table, and the last thing he was holding was an RR Pickaxe. I can't remember the last thing I placed, I'm not the one who really builds on to the base. He said he was trying to enchant the RR Pickaxe.[DOUBLEPOST=1470555306,1470546283][/DOUBLEPOST]
    F

8. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
  9. yurikha27

yurikha27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Based on:
    Code:
    [18:26:18] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Detected ongoing potential memory leak. 100 packets have leaked. Top offenders
    [18:26:18] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]:	  thedalekmod : 99
    [18:26:18] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]:	  RFToolsChannel : 1
    [18:26:18] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Detected ongoing potential memory leak. 200 packets have leaked. Top offenders
    [18:26:18] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]:	  thedalekmod : 199
    [18:26:18] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]:	  RFToolsChannel : 1
    It looks like thedalekmod (with the TARDIS thingy) might be causing a memory leak; just look at it using 199x the packets of RFTools.
    Do you have things from that?

10. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:47 AM
    will do it now[DOUBLEPOST=1470583723,1470583006][/DOUBLEPOST]otped to spawn

11. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    As far as I know the only thing we'd have from The Dalek Mod is a sonic screwdriver I randomly crafted. It's been sitting in a chest for a while though. Let me get on and use NEI to look through "RF Tools" to see if I recognize anything there.

Looking through all the RF Tools I don't really recognize anything we would have, of course there are quite a few items to look through. We were just about to start compressing and making heavy plates to make our first rocket. At this point, what from the RF Tools mod would we be likely to have had? I see there are things related to Dimlets on here. We do have some "Unknown Dimlets" that just like the sonic have been sitting in a chest for a while.[DOUBLEPOST=1470588928,1470588214][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Any luck?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  12. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:47 AM
    you should be at spawn

13. yurikha27

yurikha27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well. If john otped you to spawn, you should be able to login normally. Try it out and see if you still have this issue upon logging into spawn.
    I don't really know what's going on; some people run Java profiles/samples to figure out the problem and sometimes the issue magically resolves. Optifine may be causing the problem, but again, I'm not really certain...

14. tyler489

Local Time:
    Are yout using sorting barrels

15. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    I'm at spawn, I was just wondering if anything has been found out about/fixed in the base. I don't really want to tp back there without an all clear or something just to get the freeze again.

I don't personally use Optifine, and I don't think the modpack comes with it, right?[DOUBLEPOST=1470589835][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The only sorting barrel we've got is outside the base and it's taking the cobblestone from our cobblestone generator. Had no problems with it before.[DOUBLEPOST=1470615567,1470589739][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So should I just be waiting for a status update on if my base can get fixed? It looks like I was just tp'd to spawn and that's all that was done. Not to be a nuisance, but we were having a good time on the server getting close to a first rocket, and now we can't play at all. I just want to make sure that it's being worked on.

16. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
  17. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    I also want to thank everyone for being so helpful. Even people who don't seem to be staff are offering suggestions to fix this issue.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  18. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    @NarutoxBoss I have gone to the exact cords you have provided and I am not having any issues, I can only assume another staff member has fixed this issue, Can you confirm this for us please?

19. NarutoxBoss

NarutoxBoss New Member

Local Time:
    Confirmed. No issues now. Just this morning it was still broken. Thanks to everyone who helped. I honestly wonder what the exact problem was.