1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Cows gone

Discussion in 'Infinity Skyblock' started by Chunky__, May 11, 2016.

1. Chunky__

Chunky__ New Member

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    Hello i am playing ftb infinity evolved skyblock on node. Prior to the reset at 230 am pst i had roughly 10 cows. In a loaded chunk. I come back after reset and have 0. I worked really hard to get those cows and they were just gone. Are cows banned ? I changed the Biome to a forest so that cant be why their gone. It's fully lit. I cant progress without leather and my only source is now gone. Any help?

Chunky__

2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:37 PM
    Ifnthe entity cap is hit mobs are removed

3. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:37 AM
    Incorrect, the cap only prevents further mobs from spawning, it does not actually delete the mobs that already exist.

However, there is a vanilla Minecraft feature called despawning, where when a chunk is unloaded, and then reloaded, the mobs in the chunk has a chance to despawn.

Name all the mobs that you want to keep with nametags, or pickup them up & place back down again using Jailer's SafariNets, to prevent them from despawning normally

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  4. Chunky__

Chunky__ New Member

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    right but it wasn't an unloaded chunk. I had placed a chunk loader there and used the tickets to keep them loaded. They made it thru a reset prior. So why on this one were they just gone?

5. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    2:37 AM
    It happens to me on infinity even with a name tag tho so I am not completely convinced that you can prevent monster from despawning