1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done [Crackpack] Iron Zombie stealing.

Discussion in 'Crackpack' started by Cyberdan13, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Cyberdan13

Cyberdan13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:22 PM
    So I came up against this mob with my cleaver in my hand, a few hits later it steals my cleaver from my hand and upon death, it drops a skin error item which has the name of my cleaver but isn't the same (see image).

Kinda bummed since I lost my heavily invested cleaver but yeah.
    2016-07-01.

Too note: I believe this mob is from the mod "mini-bosses"

2. That's nothing. Once a pigman stole my whole fluxed armor, complete with the flux-infused jetplate.
    You aren't gonna get the stuff back, same as me.

3. Cyberdan13

Local Time:
    They could at least look into this

4. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:22 PM
    I am sorry, but the Iron Zombie is MADE to steal your held item, sadly :(
    The following code, is copied directly from the github:

Code:
    	@Override
    	public boolean attackEntityFrom(DamageSource source, float damage) {
    		super.attackEntityFrom(source, damage);
    		if(source.getEntity() != null && source.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer) {
    			EntityPlayer entity = (EntityPlayer)source.getEntity();

if(entity.getHeldItem() != null && this.rand.nextInt(19) == 1 && this.getDistanceToEntity(entity) <= 5.5D && this.getHeldItem() == null) {
    				this.setCurrentItemOrArmor(0, entity.getHeldItem());
    				entity.destroyCurrentEquippedItem();
    			}
    			if(this.rand.nextInt(19) == 1) {
    				this.setDarkIron();
    			}
    		}
    		return true;
    	}
    Essentially: If the thing that attacks the zombie is a player, and player is holding something, and is within 5.5 blocks, then there is 1/20 chance (0-19), of the Zombie getting a copy of your item, which also forces your held item to be destroyed essentially stealing it.
    Unfortunately, Tinker's Construct tools are all about NBT (damage, speed, materials, everything). When copying the item, the mod-author should make sure that the NBT is also the same for both items before destroying the original. Not much that we can do sadly :(
    There is already an issue on his GitHub about this, but it has not received any updates for some time :(
    Items stolen by Iron Zombies lose NBT · Issue #2 · Tyler1555/Mini-Bosses · GitHub

5. Cyberdan13

Local Time:
    Nawwh okay but thank you for looking into this

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    should we disable the iron zombies? Already disabled the crawlers from that mod..

7. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:22 AM
    I personally feel like we should at the very least nerf iron zombies. The main issue I'm seeing is that they do not despawn during the day like normal zombies, run at crazy fast speeds and tend to just sit right where you died making it almost impossible for non tier5 players to get their items back, as they simply will one-hit kill you over and over. I would be 100% okay with disabling them.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    disabled them with the next restart. I did this by setting their spawn rate to 0. It is not explained how the spawn rate is being used, so please let me know if it worked or not.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I went ahead and disabled the entire mod now. I got reports about issues regarding further mobs from this mod and half the config options aren't even working. So I was already at the point of disabling half the mods content..

profrags likes this.