1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Crash Landing] Early game advice

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Chrisdaval, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Chrisdaval

Chrisdaval Member

Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    Infinite water: use the autonomous activator you get early game from quests to fill water bottles. Place the autonomous activator facing into a water source, and set the autonomous activator so that it is right clicking, not sneaking, and using the first slot only. fill the first slot with empty bottles and take the water bottles from the other slots. Be careful when taking the last bottle, as if you leave it in there too long, the autonomous activator drinks from it and the bottle is wasted. With these bottles of water, you can place them into a barrel, and then take the water out of that barrel with any bucket.

Alternatively, you can sieve sand until you get ancient spores, turn a dirt block into mycelium by right clicking it with the ancient spore, and it will become mycelium. Place a barrel next to the mycelium block, and fill it with water. The water will then become witch water. pick up the witch water with a bucket, and place it down. Right clicking the source block of witch water with an empty bottle will ALWAYS fill it up with clean water.

Easy stone generator: with some of your first iron ingots, craft a bucket. also obtain a second bucket (clay bucket is fine for the second bucket). Use the clay bucket to pick up the water you start with, and the iron to pick up the pyrotheum (don't hold it too long, though). Pour the water bucket down, and dig down two blocks under the furthest water block from the water source. Place the pyrotheum at the bottom of that hole, and you will have a stone generator. Use a hammer on stone to make stones (the pebbles), and you can use these for the next tip.

How to get a Smeltery WITHOUT visiting a city #1: let the pyrotheum from the stone generator flow out, and place a crucible above it (this crucible will have a 0.5 mb/t melting rate, which is higher than a torch, furnace, lava, and burning netherrack). Place the casting table you got from the quests next to it, and place the faucet on the crucible above the casting table. put the ingot cast (also from an early quest) on the casting table. Use the stones from smashing stone with a hammer, and put these stones into the crucible. Each stone will produce 2mb for seared stone, so you will need thousands of these stones. After making seared stone, right click the faucet, and it will make a brick.

How to get a Smeltery WITHOUT visiting a city #2: This method is probably easier, so I'm not sure why I listed it second, but here it is. obtain witch water, fill a barrel with it and place sand inside. This will create soul sand. You're going to need a large amount of soul sand. Sift soul sand until you get a Nether wart, and plant it on soul sand. Use a watering can to grow them faster. After you have lots of soul sand a nether warts, craft them together with gravel to make slime soil (for some reason it is called block.slime.soil.dirt.name in this modpack) which can then be crafted into smeltery components.

This is all I have for now, so good luck surviving in this hostile planet!

2. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    10:23 AM
    Idk if this has changed since I last played but I never had much problem with water since there seemed to be very little penalty for drinking dirty water ;)