1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Crashing Alot Today

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by Zippity_Doodah, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    I perfectly understand that this server is in it's EXPERIMENTAL phases, being so new and v1.12.2... Today has been a very bad day for Freeze Ups and Server Crashes...

Not sure if there are too many people going overboard with their builds? I know some players feel the need to go Above and Beyond what they really need as far as AE2 Systems and Power Production and Automation...

Or if the Server is not really capable of handling the influx of so many users attempting to get on, or forcing their way on (as in going over-cap)? Is there any plans for maybe opening another node?

Some players doing things they really shouldn't?

Perhaps it is just a mix of uncertain mods just not as compatible with one another on such a busy server?

I'm sure it may be a one or a mix of any of these or more, but today has been really bad. The block lag has been up and down, several different hang-ups resulting in a restart, or just out-right crashes...

Figured I'ld post here rather then opening a ticket, since I'm sure there may or may not already be a few of those with regards to today's many server crashes...

Best of luck, and I hope something is either in the works or planned out to remedy it, before it gets worse or just continues to be a theme...

Thanks,

Zip

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    Unfortunately most of those issues can only be looked at while it happens, as it is fine right now I can't look into it.
    There were few crashes caused by out of memory which leads to something causing a memory leak.

3. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    No worries, as I understand that many a times, when crashes or hang ups occur, especially with these more complex and newer packs, the systems in place will not always reveal a smoking gun as to the cause... I was just noticing a pattern of continuous crashing and hang ups over the weekend... Which at times, became rather tedious... They happen during the week as well, but not as frequent, and with no distinct time pattern... Most likely due to the lesser activity of players in the pack until later into the evenings (US play times)… I just didn't know if it was a server resource issue, a direct pack mods related issue, players doing things to cause the issue, or perhaps a mix...

If there is no way to determine it at this time, then all we can do is continue on and hope it either improves or possible culprits get caught and dealt with...

Thanks again,

Zip