1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done 'Create ticket' issue

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies 2' started by AGSoulful, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
    The amount of lag is normal for a modded server, unless its on network level (connection between you and the server). AG2 is even one of those that is running quite lag less compared to other packs of this size.

2. AGSoulful

AGSoulful Member

Local Time:
    7:25 PM
    Ahh fair enough. Didn't see that. Makes the 'reserved slot' somewhat pointless though - and slightly misleading.[DOUBLEPOST=1465086927][/DOUBLEPOST]I know lag is normal for a modded server. It's just the extent you get it on AG2 (here at least) is way above normal.

Been on modded servers for a while so i can compare it fairly easily.[DOUBLEPOST=1465087107][/DOUBLEPOST]Moreover, the lag is all anyone talks about in the server.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    When you look here, the performance of AG2 is almost always in the +16 tps:
    MyM - Watchdog
    (P120 stands for performance in % over the last 120 seconds)
    new servers (during the first 2 weeks) are full for multiple hours during the weekend and some even during the week. That's the time where it comes to play.

The thing about slots is the balance, while we can reduce the amount of slots from a server it usually doesn't make that much of a difference as most of the time 2/3 of the online players just started out and are only a very small part of the tick time.
    About a year ago, when infinity was released I looked at the amount of new players vs old players of one of the infinity nodes. At this time it was 10 old players (+18 hours playtime on this server) and 55 new players. While it is impossible to tell the exact amount of tick time for each of those groups it was roughly 90ms on the 10 old players and 20ms on the new players. Estimated on calculating the tick time of the chunks and ae2 systems together.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. AGSoulful

AGSoulful Member

Local Time:
    I understand about the slots now. Thnx for that!

The lag is really bad on AG2 though. Come on and see. It's much worse than u think, i'm sure. Some are saying that it's better on the other Mym servers. Indeed, it was a LOT better when I BRIEFLY went onto Infinity (running really well for a big mod pack), for example. Lag's fine. I know it's part of life on modded servers. But, you do normally have some kind of reprieve, lol. Anyway, I don't expect you to take my word for it, ask anyone on the server and I'd imagine they'll tell you it's worse than usual for a public server.

Thanks for getting though. Appreciated!

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Do you experience constant lag or is it major or small lag spikes? Lag spikes are currently not being picked up by our monitoring system, hence they often go unnoticed until someone reports them. Unfortunately they are difficult to solve, too. But if it gets bad we take a day or two to investigate and reducing them.

6. AGSoulful

AGSoulful Member

Local Time:
    It's mainly constant small lag spikes, with occasional big ones. It is the continuity that's annoying. Don't worry about refund. I'm actually probably going to upgrade to tier 3. I'm just happy it'll hopefully get looked into. My other issues seem to have gone away, albeit i don't think my character's ranking anymore (that's small stuff though).

Thnx again!