1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Custom Demon World

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BookerTheGeek, Sep 21, 2015.

?

Custom Blood Magic world?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2015.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    1:48 AM
    Interesting, so it seems that this item was banned when it used to crash the server and never been looked into when updates were pushed out until I brought it up the other week, and in my current thread. Hmm....

2. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    just tested on DW20 in single, the entire thing (the legit way of doing it) causes no crashes whatsoever, the entire thing from making the portal to activating it, to using plinths to summon them indvidually and taming them causes no issues at all :D wayoflowingtime clearly patched it

3. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Lets just note this, Single player and servers are two different things.
    As one uses Cauldron/bukkit ect and have different environments.

4. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    noted, but it means the pack itself is fine, which means server testing is possible, but the results may or may not vary, i was simply saying it wasnt mod incompatibility / client side problems

5. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    And another problem is the demon towns. They dont stop expanding thats why we want another world.

6. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:48 AM
    dosen't it stop when the demon portal block is broken? and i think u can adjust the expanding in the config?

7. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Well here I would have to ask @BookerTheGeek I have not personally looked into this but I know booker was.

8. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    i am aware of these things too :D, yes it stops when the block is broken, yes you can adjust it, and the demons stop spawning when the block is broken and no longer drop shards, as the need to be in an active demon city/village (whatever you call it) which is kept active by the portal,

9. frogman79

frogman79 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    I can confirm they do stop, although I noticed I had to relog to get them to do so on Hubris. :)

10. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:48 AM
    why not limit the spawning of demons and stuff just to the farmworld?

11. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    No performance issues found on Infinity, and I'm sorry, I really don't see the problem in this mod any more, Apparently people these days don't have common sense, just do the Darn Convocation of the damned in the farm world. FYI, I did it in the farm world, and when I was not there it did not grow, server performance was also unaffected.

12. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    so can we get this stuff unbanned of treated like the quarry?[DOUBLEPOST=1445376261,1445370453][/DOUBLEPOST]*bump* need an admin to verify, also i like the idea of the dimension for the convocation better, just make them pay a archmages blood orb to get in :D

13. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    8:48 PM
    You don't have to bump. Its been only a few hours. Staff are busy and didnt forget this post existed :p

14. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    twas a joke :p also i was bored and wanted to add something to my comment[DOUBLEPOST=1445465987,1445382967][/DOUBLEPOST]is this actually going to be implemented or just noted as something thats possible, also i made myself a small server w/ multiworlds and tested this, it works absolutely fine, a small amount of lag, but that was probably due to the fact i was running it on the same computer i was playing on[DOUBLEPOST=1445466159][/DOUBLEPOST]it doesn't continue to spread once the world its in is unloaded, and the demons that are spawned form spawners drop shards because their inside a demon village still, so this idea was genious, i only tested with fire demon grunt guardians though using ender IO spawners and mfr ones too

15. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    sorry to dig up an old thread, (ish) but i was wondering what is happening with this, has it been abandoned or deemed impossible because the thread reads "accepted" not "implemented" so i am slightly confused is all

16. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    You bump this topic multiple times a day, lol. I'm sure it isn't forgotten. It just really isn't super high on the priority list. They will get around to it when they can, just try to have some patience. I want to go to tier 6, too. But there are plenty of other mods to do until then, in every pack.

chugga_fan likes this.
  17. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    not multiple times, im just interested on the progess this is making so i can replicate it later ;)

18. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    if you're asking daily it's too much

19. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    point taken, i will find another thread to stalk and perform necrotic deeds on :p

alven4 likes this.