1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Database Maintenance And Issues

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    During the process of exporting the database to move it to a different server something caused few files to get reset (it's still unclear what caused this) which made the database unuseable in that state.

After multiple hours of troubleshooting I loaded a backup and started to start the servers again but then I noticed the data was outdated. When I took a closer look at the backup configuration I noticed that it was creating a backup of a old database.

Now I'm trying to recover the current database so we hopefully don't need to use the old backup. This is very time consuming and it's unclear how long it will take but it can take days.

Update: I was able to recover few tables now and going to try to do the same for all other tables.

Update 2: All tables have been recovered and exported on the recovery server, everything is now being imported into the live database on the main server. Once imported we will see if stuff is missing or broken.

Updated 3: Import completed and I couldn't see any issues or errors so far. Few servers are back online without any databases errors. Once your server is back online feel free to join and report any issues which a related to this database incident.
    I don't expect any required proxy or database restarts but if issues show up then I will have to execute restarts or go back into maintenance.

Final Note

• AbandonedRestoration: Few servers were running on the backup of the old database which didn't have the up to date absence entries, this might have caused to get player bases to reset. I permanently saved a backup of each server before the incident so we will be able to restore them. If yours got reset because of this then please create a support thread or ticket and we will restore the base for you.
    • Votes: If you voted while the database was offline then you will not receive the tokens for it as it directly saves the votes to the database and doesn't cache them. Thank you for voting though.
    • Shop: If you purchased a server upgrade, patron rank or anything else during this incident then it might not have applied it to your account. If this is the case for you then please reach out to us with a support thread or ticket and we will make sure it gets added to your account.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    Yikes. What would happen if we had to revert to the old backup? Would servers get rolled back as a result, or is the database a separate entity from the server files?

Merritt likes this.
  3. rex333

rex333 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:09 PM
    Oh no! Hopefully not backups that overwrote current date with old data. Guess we'll find out! :D

Thanks for doing this, Sir, I'm sure it's with the best intentions for the community and I'm confident you'll get it sorted!

EDIT: Live and love to learn.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    HunnyBadger1337 likes this.
  4. Rebell_dan666

Rebell_dan666 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    we wait the time it take i'm confident to keep the good wook like all this years i'm on your server you will get it soon or later ;)

5. Crazypinecone

Crazypinecone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:09 PM
    Ugh, now I have to go outside.

6. HunnyBadger1337

HunnyBadger1337 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Awwww i was just coming back too... Best of luck my man, dont overstress yourself. Cant wait till its all back running smoothly.

7. saabnoxe

saabnoxe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is more exciting than beating a pack.

8. Allynd

Allynd Helper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I do not envy the responsibility you have. Take you time bro do it right we will be here to break it again once it's fixed haha

HunnyBadger1337 likes this.
  9. sorcexi

sorcexi Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    May the force be with you :turtle:

10. TicklishPickle69

TicklishPickle69 TicklishPickleWickle Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    I hope this will be fixed soon, thank you MyM community for trying your best.

11. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Had a Youtube video to make today but that is ok. Hope to see it back soon. Thanks for all your hard work @SirWill

12. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If anyone can fix it.. SirWill can!

LadyRen13, cbrozak, _Lordicon and 2 others like this.
  13. HideslnBushes

HideslnBushes Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    im just glad to have a server to call home, even if ... worst case happens id gladly restart as long as it was on these servers!

14. CrimsonKarma13

CrimsonKarma13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    a bit of a rollback wont matter to me, not like i did much. i hope you gets get the servers back on and going. Don't push yourselves

15. RedPhantom

RedPhantom Member

Local Time:
    7:09 PM
    Regarding islands on SkyBlock servers, since I can't log on to "refresh" the self-destruct timer, I assume that "timer" is frozen as for now? Do I need to worry about losing my friends and I's island?

16. FactionsEnd

FactionsEnd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Could we get a update on maybe how long this might take? or how far along this is? @SirWill

17. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    He says so right in the first post:

18. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Welp. Hope it will be running soon!

19. Laeky

Laeky Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Don't worry do your best

20. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If it can ve done...SirWill can do it. I have the utmost faith in his capabilities and will say no more on the subject. Good luck my friend.