1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Departed - PvP yes/no

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Slind, May 28, 2015.

?

PvP rule on Departed

Poll closed May 30, 2015.
  1. yes, I want PvP to be allowed (still no raiding/griefing)

34 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. no, I want it to be pure PvE

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:38 PM
    I'm simply stating an opinion, Yes most "endgame" players can kill someone in one shot, depending on your setup. But there is one thing if you're not allowed to take items off your opponent then why should there be PvP. It seems assonine to have the PvP system turned on and not be able to loot.

2. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    But it is also asinine to allow players to kill and steal from those in the early game without any risk.

3. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thats why you have a system in place to protect new players from PvP

4. TheDrunkSquirrel

TheDrunkSquirrel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:38 PM
    I have fun pvping without looting the skeleton corpse of the person. But then it cones down to how you going to stop people from looting the kill? Because it would be someone's word over the others if something gets stolen.

5. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:38 PM
    The whitelist kicks in here, either you respect the rules or get unwhitelisted.

jackripper0987 likes this.
  6. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thats what im getting at[DOUBLEPOST=1432908528][/DOUBLEPOST]Ive asked a couple co-admins and mods about this in the past, they said if you kill them its fair game

7. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My take on this would be to make PvP available with body looting. If you don't want to PvP, there are countless dimensions in which you can settle where no one will ever find you. As long as you are over 1k blocks from spawn there is an extremely small chance that anyone will find you, which isn't hard to get to in 1-2 minecraft days. Without looting there is no risk to PvP at all which defeats the purpose. It is a risk, reward system where if you come out on top you get a bonus for winning. If you can't take my stuff, I could care less if you kill me or not. Why would I care if you come to kill me if you get nothing out of it and I can just go get my stuff without any consequence whatsoever.

DemonicFury likes this.
  8. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
    @Slind A couple days ago i was messin around and someone killed me but i didnt have anything :D:banghead:

9. DemonicFury

DemonicFury Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i could not agree more.

10. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    Im going to say this once, THIS IS NOT VANILLA[DOUBLEPOST=1432940285][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There are ways to help this, have a in-game currency and for each kill award that currency
    Have a system in place where endgame players CANT go after new people or tech under them. Have the repercussions for this being a ban from all mym servers[DOUBLEPOST=1432940576][/DOUBLEPOST]
    One, that is bullshit so just stop saying blatantly false things.
    Two, adding a plugin where only the person who died can collect and the health of the corpse be unlimited
    three, if it did come down to it I would trust the person who lost there stuff

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  11. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    Wo who spit in your cherrios? You don't know me, I wouldn't mind just pvping and not getting the loot. I pvp for the challenge not the items. Also slind has said he not adding plugins.

12. Ralph_Anthony

Ralph_Anthony Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would expand that a little more, there are countless other servers that have PvE version of Departed with protections in place. I decided to just play those for departed, this poll is showing I server I would rather not play on.

13. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The biggest problem is that you will never be able to appease everyone. Some people will want PvP, others not. Either option will upset some people but that's a result that the community has to live with.

14. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If the decision is completely split and there is enough players playing departed. Im sure 2 servers will be considered. 1 for pvp 1 for pve.
    But for now you gotta vote and go with whats what.

15. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    Maybe take the whitelist off and sacrifice and get a few plugins?

16. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Its still being tested. Once its been fully tested then it will.

17. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    Good to hear!:)

18. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    I do know you, I know you HAVE killed just for the loot. I know you have been killing and looting where you Always had the option of not looting.
    So you see the contradictory statement you have said once again.
    Becuase if you wanted it just for the fight you wouldnt sneak up on people, or keep killing starter and taking their loot

If you wanted no loot to be taken you wouldnt of taken Any loot.[DOUBLEPOST=1432952315][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You could just as easily have those that want pvp on to chose when starting the server, then have a timer of 30 mins to turn pvp off with a command?

19. TheDrunkSquirrel

Local Time:
    Lol your funny child. I have killed one or two people, I only took your loot because you decided it be smart to talk smack. I got you bud ;). Go be mad somewhere else lol.

20. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    That would require plugins.