1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Direwolf20 Client Freeze

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by lryanle, Jul 30, 2015.

1. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:28 AM
    First of all, im very sorry that this is in the wrong section, but i need a moderator to tell my friend "@mintsurvivor" that i upgraded to windows 10, and i won't be able to join until mym has a launcher for it.

2. lryanle

Local Time:
    incase this has to do with my config here is the log of when it stopped:

3. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    If your friend is joined on the forums you can send them a private message ^_^, you are using windows 10 now? your log says your java sees windows 8.1. I may be crazy in saying that, but it does say during liteloader initialization
    so maybe im not?

4. lryanle

Local Time:
    @RomaDaddy I am on windows 10 using java windows 8.1, is there a java for windows 10? and my friend doesnt use the forums. Also, cant you use minecraft without java, or is that just for the vanilla minecraft launcher?

5. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    I dont think i ever heard of minecraft not needing java, though I could be wrong. I suggest you google search java for windows 10. You should have waited on the upgrade lol[DOUBLEPOST=1438270731][/DOUBLEPOST]After a little research it seems that your option is to use the special windows 10 edition of minecraft,I do not see anything about there being future backwards compatibility, or to set up a virtual machine and run your old version of windows there.
    You can also try and use windows 10 to auto detect newer versions of java that are available but I think you may need to use internet explorer for that.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  6. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    Just a little tip for you @lryanle always wait a bit before upgrading something major. Wait until huge bugs and exploits have been fixed, and it is smart to do some research. I am not saying you haven't taken any percautions, but it is quite smart to look over what you are about to do when something major like your computers system is the topic :)

On another note maybe your friend has skype or another chatting service so you can contact him. If not I am sure someone will tell him ;)

7. lryanle

Local Time:
    @tonalom mintsurvivor doesnt use skype. The only way i can contact her is through signs, maybe you can go to my home, and place some signs saying that i cant be on because i upgraded?

@RomaDaddy Is there a special windows 10 edition for modded minecraft? Also, Mojang made a launcher that doesnt use java :)

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Go into your config folder and open the splash.properties file, change enabled to false there.

9. lryanle

Local Time:
    @SirWill uhh... What config folder?

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Right click the modpack and click view folder then you should see a config folder

11. lryanle

Local Time:
    @SirWill im in the config folder now, but i cant see the splash.properties file[DOUBLEPOST=1438273340][/DOUBLEPOST]@SirWill so what do i do if i cant find it?[DOUBLEPOST=1438274066][/DOUBLEPOST]@SirWill or and staff members, can you help me?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  12. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Looks like this config file doesn't exist in this forge version. I updated forge, please start the pack again so it generates the config file.

13. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @lryanle i'm sorry, I can't go there. My computer is being a little bit of a jerk and my life is a bit messy atm. You may have to contact another staff member/player for that.

14. lryanle

Local Time:
    @SirWill Ok, i started it up again, but it keeps stopping at this:

[11:41:34] [Client thread/WARN] [FastCraft-core]: The sprite Chisel:snakestone/obsidian/particles/7 caused the mipmap level to drop from 4 to 3 because it's too small (8x8 px).

and i cant find the file still. :([DOUBLEPOST=1438274641][/DOUBLEPOST]@tonalorn Thats for trying :)

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Unzip the attached file and move the splash.properties into your config folder.

Attached Files:

16. lryanle

Local Time:
    @SirWill Ok, after a few mins of testing, its still stuck on this:

[11:58:57] [Client thread/WARN] [FastCraft-core]: The sprite Chisel:snakestone/obsidian/particles/7 caused the mipmap level to drop from 4 to 3 because it's too small (8x8 px).

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Please post your full log again via pastebin.com

18. lryanle

Local Time:
  19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    You should have the file in your config folder now, please open it and change enabled=true to enabled=false

20. lryanle

Local Time:
    @SirWill its still stopping on the same thing, unless it takes longer