1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Distancing us from a Network

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    11:59 PM
    Hello MineYourMind Community,

recently we have crashed the ban hammer on a few long standing MyM members. This action was taken to keep a network they are currently starting up distant and clearly separate us. We want to have nothing to do with them, their actions, their behavior and their philosophy.

A few days ago a leading member (responsible for public relations and staffing) of their network approached multiple MineYourMind players and staff members in the attempt to recruit them for their new network. While advertising and enticement is already against our rules, the way it was done lead us to despise not only the person in action, but also everyone standing behind it. Therefor we dropped the ban hammer on leading members of this network community.

The despising way was the creation and spreading of rumors with the goal to let the MyM Network and certain members look bad. While "look bad" might be understatement. In German we have a legally defined word called "Rufmord", this probably translates to calumny, character assassination, slander, defamation.

In the end I'm relieved that it came to this, as after all it separated the wheat from the chaff. Finally the biggest source of rumors, slander and negativity is gone.

(little sarcasm as it contains lines that reflect our thought on the person and actions. It also contains quite some of the rumors that have been created/used, unfortunately it is in German)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. ninbrandon3

ninbrandon3 Nin-Wizard

Local Time:
    4:59 PM
    I had no idea something like this was going on. While it is sad to see long standing members go, it's even more sad that they were doing something like that. It wasn't uncalled for, and pretty well deserved I'd say. MyM: 1 Banned: 0

lryanle, wyrdness and Werwolfi_de like this.
  3. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    perfect song really fiting for the situation. Im not sad at all for those people being banned they broke the rules and they paid for it so i say karma happened and thats it.

4. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 PM
    Losing long standing members is never what we want. It was a sad and unwanted meeting when we decided this as a team. However let's move on to happier thoughts and tackle that Kappa mode and 1.10 DW20 =)

lryanle, Rekalty, Soycake and 8 others like this.
  5. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    Heh, they deserved what was coming. They knew the consequences yet they chose to go with it. Let this be a lesson to others. And uh, what Lucid said.

6. Varrili

Varrili Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    They willingly broke the rules they should have known. They knew this was going to happen and they did it anyways. It's always sad to see long term members go but they knew it was going to happen.

7. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Agreed. just out of curiosity how many is a few... i found 1 already

8. BartimaeusArcane

BartimaeusArcane Member

Local Time:
    3:59 PM
    Hello all I believe all of us are misunderstood the rumors are true that lucid is what drove us away. In fact he talked down to us like he was the king he made a false accusation that we were recruiting and that no we were not recruiting it was just sirstudmuffin. but anyways i loved this network from the start had good times with friends. But it is time to put things behind us we were all tricked and those rumors towards us were very misleading and hopefully this will die down and everyone can just put everything behind.

9. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Removed by lryanle

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    i'd have to imagine this was devastating for those players, since the network they just built lost it's only source of players :p maybe they should've not advertised. it truly was not worth it. why play a server for so, so long, and then do something so crazy as to advertise their own server? sad to see them go, but it serves them right.[DOUBLEPOST=1480824350][/DOUBLEPOST]RIP Sirstudmuffin

tyler489 likes this.
  11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:

LunaBlossoms, JacaRoe and Blizzix_ like this.
  12. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ok so only one person was banned?

13. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  14. Cubelex_YT

Cubelex_YT The steampunker Lord

Local Time:
    like some people say in german: das ist der schlimmste Verrat von allen!

15. Neomale

Neomale Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is nothing new, I've seen it many times before with other Minecraft communities. Usually a well established network/community always gets plagued by this. People get jealous and they want a piece of the pie or think they can do it better. Very sad but true.

16. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    The music is soo PG (Sarcasm)

17. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:59 PM
    Hmm this seems very one sided and hypocritical considering the posts youve removed because they cause "drama".
    So youve now decided to ban a bunch of players for "advertising" really? ive hardly been on the servers in a month maybe 2.
    soo ye nice job "stopping drama" here lol
    PS playing/working on another network IS NOT ADVERTISING!

Thebutterkid likes this.
  18. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    Did u get demoted?

19. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:59 PM
    ye got accused of something i didnt do! then got banned and they wonder why a bunch of ppl went to another network

Nyehhehhehheh and Thebutterkid like this.
  20. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 PM
    SirStudMuffin left because he didnt like 2/40 staff. That seems kind of petty.