1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Distancing us from a Network

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Dec 4, 2016.

1. ReaperDragon4

ReaperDragon4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:34 AM
    the reason why it translates into hindi is because the ancestors of today's Indians came down from the eastern european lands and decided to stay. Although Hitler's made much of them in his time, these "Aryans" as archeologists call them were closer in appearance to middle eastern peoples. They came from eastern europe, settled in Pakistan, and then invaded India, where they merged with the culture already existing there. They worshipped the drinking of an ephedrin containing herbal concoction called "Soma" which they equated with the sky god Indra. Though the name has changed, Soma is still drunk in Pakistan today. They had kings and bards and horses, so they weren't that primitive.

This is why I'm curious about word origins when an unfamiliar and interesting sounding one comes up. Its because you can use words that are similar or that two languages have in common to trace their common ancestry. In this case, modern german and modern hindi have an ancestor in common somewhere.

2. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    This word does have no real origin. It is built from the words "Ruf" (renown) and "Mord" (murder). So it just means someone tries to put your renown into the negative.

Aerydar likes this.
  3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I dare you, I double dare you to speak some of polish tongue breaker sentences :D

Returning to the subject - i was moderator then J.Administrator on some polish servers and I knows this kind of situation by myself...
    I can't even remeber how many players I banned for advertising other servers or spreading bad rumors.

Aerydar likes this.
  4. yeah

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2024
  5. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    7:34 AM

Out of all the names associated with a nationality, I always assumed polish last names were picked by throwing letters into a bag of mostly W Y and Z's and pulling out 2 or 3 dozen and calling it a last name.

LOL I seriously cant say Polish names like Jędrzejczyk. Now thats hard to say for me.

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    @Decnav there is a scene from polish comedy about how difficult polish language is for any foreigner

I dare you to repeat this ;p Good I found this with eng subtitles

Cantiel likes this.
  7. F4lconwings

Local Time:
    You sure that is polish comedy? Looks like german comedy to me ;P

Aerydar likes this.
  8. LordEreh

Local Time:
    This is a polish comedy "Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową" (How I start World War II) and this just a scene where polish soldier was captured by naz... german soldiers and iterrogated by them.

9. F4lconwings

Local Time:
    I saw that lol ;P Was more for the sake of these germans.

10. LordEreh

Local Time:
    yup that polish soldier is Franek Dolas but for germans he took most difficult name and surname with impossibru to tell town and district ;p

11. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would be nice if we can keep this thread for stuff in relation with the post, since we want to read feedback but not your "private" conversation

12. F4lconwings

Local Time:
    Feedback? You as staffteam made that decision. Dont think our impressions on this would have impact on what you have decided...

13. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:34 AM
    Most likely not. But your feedback would have guided the decisions if this happens again.

That being said, I feel MyM did the right thing, and am fully in support of the decision, how it was implemented and their openness in communicating with us about it.

Aerydar likes this.
  14. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:34 AM
    Why would we not want feedback about what our community feels about a fairly big and important situation? We always listen to you guys for input on certain issues. Think also such word nicely puts together what we're looking for from others on this post rather than going completely off topic and as Wolfi put, having a "private conversation" in the comments.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  15. F4lconwings

Local Time:
    This whole topic is just pushed up even if not needed.
    What this person has done is advertising for another network. Simply because this person was here for a longer time there is made an extra topic in the announcements section about it... If you didnt do that 95% of the people wouldnt even have realized what happened. Now this disrespection of rules by this person led to you guys distancing from the network of this person, even tho he was just one person making ads for that network. Their network leader had never requested a meeting with anyone of our network. You just said you distance from a network because of one person. This whole topic would definitly not have been pushed up if someone else advertised their network...
    If I for example make ads for mym on a big german network where I've gained some renown they would definitly not say that they want to distance from mym... but they would have banned me for advertising, and this is what you should have just done too and not push it up unnecessarily by blaming the person and the network that has not to do one bit with the will of that one person.[DOUBLEPOST=1481582456,1481579865][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh and this is a bit of a twisted morale here.. sometimes it is "we don't try to hide things from our community" and sometimes it is "we do not talk about bans in public"... interesting to see which of boths is present in which sorts of situation involving which sort of people...

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Just a small story. A year ago we had a staff member that publicly discriminated a mod author team by complaining about their policy, how bad it is, that it doesn't make any sense, what sort of egoists they must be....

That guy didn't last another day at MyM and an apology was sent to the mod team. This is the least we expected from the leadership/network, but nothing happened. After all we are talking about a founding member, in a leadership position who is doing all the public relation stuff and actions way more drastic and direct. So they either support the actions that happened or have absolutely no respect for us and our relation.

So why should we let people like that stay on MyM?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  17. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:34 PM

1:

There is more than one person involved
    And its about more than the actions of the individuals involved, its about how the network as a whole is conducting itself.

2:

If one of our staff members went to another large network while representing MyM and started an entire campaign to advertise there and poach players involving multiple people, im pretty sure they would want to at least distance themselves from us. And surely as an ex-staff member you realise that if any of our staff members did that, they would more than likely be fired on the spot.

3:

Yes, now players know exactly what is going on and will be more vigilant about looking out for the kind of things we have been seeing, [sarcasm]what a terrible thing to do.[/sarcasm]

4:

May I ask how you would know if this was/wasnt the case?

5:

Again, more than just your run-of-the-mill advertising and more than just the actions of a single person. And it is never "unnecessary" to keep players informed on what is going on with the network they play on, be it good news, bad news, scandal or whatever.

It might be a good idea to read and think about the post you're calling useless and the situation that caused the post to become necessary. As someone who was staff for so long I would have thought that you of all people would have understood that we value our players and wouldn't keep something as serious as a coordinated attack on our network a secret.

Cantiel, LunaBlossoms and Aerydar like this.
  18. F4lconwings

Local Time:
    Well I'd love to have you guys understand my point... This was nothing but mere advertising for another network by these people. For 99% percent of the cases of advertising there is not made a public thread about it.

19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Please read the thread and our posts again. I don't see how we could explain it any better. You are clearly missing the point, seeing only the tip of the iceberg.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  20. F4lconwings

Local Time:
    I do indeed see the whole iceberg. Just because it have been longstanding members here and they gained a staff rank there you can't judge the whole network for this for simply the way they have attempted to recruit. We all know how temperate one of the persons of them is.