1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the server plan to move on to the newer Minecraft based modpacks?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by osirisgothra, Nov 22, 2022.

1. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:27 AM
    Good morning,

I've noticed a lot of internet chatter about Modpacks at 1.12.2 being out of date, especially with the developers on GitHub and are noticing more and more 1.15+ modpacks out there. So, I was wondering if anyone knew if the network had any plans of going to new versions for the debuts. I'm aware of the patron ones, which I like and would probably be a patron already (unfortunately, the pandemic and the ?ession has stalled that for me, sorry). Just thought I would put out my feelers and see if anyone knew if that was the gameplan -- even if that gameplan is 5 years away which would be understandable with all the server plugin development, etc..

I really like this network and would like to get others involved here too. I always get the question "What version of MC are most of their modpacks?" and I say "1.7.10 thru 1.12.2 and above 1.12.2 is patron" and they kinda give me a surprised look and ask, "are they gonna be updating soon?" and I say I'll see if I can ask someone, and then ...well here I am, asking :dead: (didnt ask in support or file a ticket because I understand that this isn't a first-and-foremost support question, just looking for whoever might know, that is also not busy at that moment, who also happens to read this). ;)

TL;DR staff need not concern with this unless you aren't busy and have the answer at your liesure, sipping a cup of coffee or tea maybe o_O

:p Have a nice day! :p

osirisgothra

"I know what your lunch is, but I don't think you want to know why...I know where your lunch is, but you're not gonna like it...you can have it back when I'm done, but I don't think your gonna want it..."

ViesSPR likes this.
  2. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    Hi osirisgothra

To answer your question it is kinda 2 parts. One MYM does do the newer packs but they are mostly for the patron community. Two the reason for this is that there isn't all the plug ins that we need to make it playable for most to play on.
    I will also state that is this is all based off what I know currently. We are always watching and looking for the plugins that we use to make sure we can make the newer packs available to you as soon as we can. Until then I do ask that you be patient with MYM as we do our best to bring you what we can as fast as we can do it. I do hope you understand and anymore question that you would need answer please feel free to ask.

Enjoy your gaming

3. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thank you that was quite helpful, I will have to look into becoming patron as soon as I can, that's a good way to go about testing new plugins, too and gives people another great reason to be patron :)