1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Read This

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by BookerTheGeek, Mar 15, 2017.

1. TrafalgarLaw1107

TrafalgarLaw1107 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
  2. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hmm
    First issue: One of the mods (doesn't state which) is trying to get a random number between x & y, where x is likely supposed to be 1 or 0, but the math is faulty and it becomes negative.
    The method called (func_146552_b) is "drawAchievementScreen"

Second issue:
    One of the mods that use ChickenLib is sending a null value when a chunk gets unloaded. Once again, doesn't state which mod.

@BookerTheGeek can you investigate these issues?
    The first issue should be easy to find, if it is open-source (search for drawAchievementScreen in the repo's).
    Both issues needs to be fixed by the respective mod-authors.

3. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    11:39 PM
    So after quite a bit of playing, I have come to the conclusion that this modpack is NOT server friendly, At least not for the feint of heart. The aquacreepers going kaboom (I've tried to resolve this by ploping them in water AND turning off mobGriefing... it failed miserably) as well asthe lack of anywhere safe means you better get ready to move or die.

Also, the souls that spawn, rather than the gravestones we're used to can easily go poof when server restarts (not sure if they appear for other players. If they do, gone goes your items).

The mobs are horrendously overpowered too, nearly impossible if you don't get anything > diamonds (Hard enough with the low amount of materials underground).

Whilst scouting I've found some chests under a stone pressure plate that gives me some stuff, mainly iron toughness armour (armor?) as well as food some ingots and... hammers. Joy. Perhaps up the chances of these and put a small chance of something good (or give it better quality items in general).

And one more thing Booker, I've given underwater living a try now (Build into the cliff underwater). It has some upsides, mainly dang mobs won't get to me but when daytime comes around, everything that has spawned doesn't die and comes for me, perhaps remove the helmets of the guys? Also, Aquacreepers go kaboom if they see me through the door. Because why not

And that's all I have to report for now.

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:39 AM
    @Matryoshika already investigating.

@SirZAZ I fail to see how hard mobs make it server unfriendly? Maybe noob unfriendly. But no worries, some mob otimizations are comming. Water will be much more dangerous, along with the nether.

5. CrimsonSZ

Local Time:
    Oh right, sorry bout that, forgot to explain. Basically, those aqua creepers bypass mob griefing so they destroy blocks no matter what, we're gonna have to warn people about this should you make a server. The OP mobs are definitely noob unfriendly but server unfriendly is more indirectly. More hard to kill guys means more deaths. More deaths leads to more of those souls. More of those souls means higher chances of someone losing their stuff. Maybe replace souls with gravestones, albeit making the pack a little bit easier... if only just a little bit.

6. The difficulty meter is uni directional[DOUBLEPOST=1492927241][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey Booker, there ain't no danger from the sky. Gimme dragons!

7. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    @SirZAZ This pack is designed to be played with mob griefing on. This means that tnt and creepers and aqua creepers WILL destroy blocks. Along with engineer mobs that will mine to you and endermen that will teleport you to them if you're hiding.

@SanndyTheManndy Good thought. Got any idea of a good mod that adds airborne threats?

8. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:39 AM
  9. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:39 PM
    i once suggested more air related threats :p

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  10. CrimsonSZ

Local Time:
    I played with this one a while back... is it still as buggy as I remember?

11. Yeah, something like that. It gurantees that your pack will always have GoT fans playing it too![DOUBLEPOST=1493040464][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, can you turn down mob spawning but increase detection and tracking range?

12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Less mobs but harder? I could but when playing around that way made it so i could not survive long enough to get iron.

13. Don't change or decrease armor and weapons?[DOUBLEPOST=1493194408][/DOUBLEPOST]Cuz right now it's impossible to survive unless you got very lucky with the right world seed[DOUBLEPOST=1493194580][/DOUBLEPOST]I died thrice in a row. First spawned in a snow plain/mountain with very little trees and no liquid water. Then on an island with a single tree, with which I made a boat but died when I reached a beach. Then I spawned in the biggest desert I have seen and died again.

14. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    when are donor perks being implemented?

15. From the look of the first post, probably never[DOUBLEPOST=1493210780][/DOUBLEPOST]

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  16. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    i know, i couldnt help myself. i actually expected some smart remark from booker tbh :)

17. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Sorry for the lack of updates recently, there was a death in the family.

I hope to start working again on this this weekend.

18. CrimsonSZ

Local Time:
    No no, please, take your time. Real life stuff > A weird virtual reality. Always. Besides, I'm finding the slower pace to be... quite fine. More time for me to develop stuff before getting cucked by a new update :p

19. TrafalgarLaw1107

TrafalgarLaw1107 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I died 42 times in a row in search of iron. I cant seem to ever find it and without it I will die of starvation so I have to keep searching.

20. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Ok, so I've finished the ore generation. It should be more even but lower amounts. It is biome specific for mod added ores.

Mob difficulty has been messed with. There are more mobs with lower stats and fewer mobs with high damage. Mobs also should not drop as much armour. Mob farms only produce loot 10% of the time.

Water is not infinite if your not in a wer biome.

No nerd poles.

Mobs will occasionally ignore light levels when spawning.

Also, blocks are now effected by gravity, so no sky bases.