1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Endermen head drops disabled??

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by Chezzik, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    6:41 PM
    I'm trying to build a powered spawner (Ender IO) for Endermen, so I need an Endernan head.

I built a standard sword, and used 3 ender pearls + 3 obsidian to get Beheading III. I went out and killed 12 endermen, and had no head drops. I would have expected 30% of them (3 or 4) to drop heads.

Someone on /g said to make a Cleaver, and use paper for one of the tough tool rods, so I can get more enchants. I did that, and used 4 obsidian+4 ender pearls to give it Beheading VI. This means that 60% of endermen killed with it should drop heads. I killed 6, and got no head drops. The chance of that happening is (40%) ^ 6 = 0.41%.

I've spent 7 ender pearls on beheading, and have nothing to show for it other than hours of time lost. Is this item disabled for some reason?

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    Hello Chezzik

After looking around a bit both on the internet and in-game on the age of engineering server, I was able to determine a few different things. First of all, enderman heads do drop from endermen and should have dropped by the killing you did. This leaves me to believe you were either incredibly unlucky, or the drop chances have been sagnificantly lowered by the mod author, which is the more likely option. Therefore, through killing more endermen, you should be able to obtain the head you want. Now, my second discovery might come as a bit of a relief. You see, an enderman head is not required to craft a powered spawner. To my knowledge you will need a hostile mob head of any form, meaning that zombie heads and skeleton heads work as well, but that making the specific mob spawner comes after making the powered spawner itself. To create an enderman spawner you will need to combine a powered spawner with a broken enderman spawner in an anvil. To obtain the broken enderman spawner, you will either have to break an enderman spawner in the world, or craft it by combining a soul vial with an enderman in it with a broken spawner of any kind in a soul binder. I do want to let you know though that I am not all that familiar with age of engineering, however this is the method that makes the most sence and I could find online.

Hopefully this helps :)

3. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    That there is the problem. Building a soul binder requires heads of zombie, skelly, creeper, and enderman.

I killed a 7th, and once again, no head. But, I'm beginning to think it is either just terrible luck. I mentioned this on chat in the server, and someone showed up and gave me an enderman's head.

So, short term, I'm good now. I have about an hour to play right now, so I'm going to build the spawner, and if I have enough Rf, I'll kill a few and report back if they had heads.

If you want to close this because my immediate problem is solved (by the niceness of another player), that's fine. I'll still come back and update this reply.

EDIT: Kill count with my 60% cleaver is up to 9. Still no heads.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  4. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    The chance for ender heads is low your best chance is to use an ender sword sinces beheading don't work on ender men in aoe

5. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    So, I have done a lot more research now. Apparently beheading does not work the way that I had assumed. I had assumed that if the drop rate was 2.5%, then Beheading VI would increase it to 62.5%. One person on my server says that it doesn't work that way, instead it is 1.6 times the current drop rate, so it would increase the drop rate from 2.5% to 4.0%. I've also discovered that the cleaver has a 20% beheading built in, so really it would be 1.8 times the current rate, or 4.5% total.

On Reddit, some people say beheading doesn't work at all on AoE servers regarding endermen.

The consensus from what I've read online is that there are two things that can help: The "looting" enchant (much better than beheading), and using The Ender - Official Feed The Beast Wiki as your sword. One person said that with both of these, they have gotten about 40% - 50% of all endermen kills to drop heads.

I have my powered spawner working now, although it isn't quite as effective as I had originally hoped, because of the power drain. I'm working on increasing my power, so before long, I hope to have it working effectively. I've killed 6 enderman using it, and using a pretty basic sword with Looting I on it, and have gotten a decent amount of ender pearls, but no head.

My real hold up right now is emeralds. Since my server is rather established, every village I've found is empty of villagers (they probably all wandered off, or have been turned to zombies). Once I find a village with some villagers, and get a decent supply of emeralds, then I'll be able to boost my power gen a lot, and build "The Ender" as my sword.

Mods, go ahead (hehe) and mark this as closed. Clearly I misunderstood what I needed to do to get heads. Since I've used up the 3 emeralds I found while mining, I can't really continue testing in a way that is necessary. Once I get a few more, I'll come back and confirm whether using "The Ender" sword is really the solution to this problem.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018