1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Enigmatica 2 Expert farmworld reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dragon87tamer, Dec 20, 2018.

1. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    Hi there, So after realizing that quite a few people play this pack, it has come to my attention that Everyone is after the Dragon eggs, from the mod Fire and Ice. These can only be obtained by killing a tier 4 or tier 5 dragon (largest and strongest of all the tiers). No unfortunately it is not a guaranteed drop from the dragon once killed to obtain the egg (when the dragon dies you have to right click its body with a empty hand to obtain its loot). Now here is the thing, Obviously the ones in the overworld are going to be either dead or limited by now, and the ones in the farmworld are going to probably be the same thing, And as some people know, there are 6 different types of eggs. 3 types of fire eggs, and 3 types of ice eggs. you can also collect these eggs and put them on pedastals to show off your dragon egg collection, or you can hatch your eggs and breed your dragons. All that being said, with the amount of people always on the look out for dragons and those who want to collect the eggs or breed the dragons, the dragons are going to pose a problem. Also to note the other tier dragons 1-3 are also highly farmed out due to the drops and loot from them which means all these are all dead (they spawn on the surface of the overworld/farmworld)

My suggestion for this issue is have Enigmatica 2 Expert's farmworld reset more frequently rather then the monthly that it is currently on. This would solve the problem for dragon hunting/egg hunting

_Pandoro, Punane and SilverRose13 like this.
  2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Voting against this. Ruins the expert-ness of the pack even more than it already has been with quests being reset and all.

3. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    See now the thing is, if it was in single player, there would be an abundant amount of dragons for you to farm yourself...meaning all u need to do is keep traveling and you would eventually find another dragon to farm to obtain its eggs, As it stands the farmworld and overworld are around 7600 blocks from edge to edge, with limited amount of dragons on all tiers. And to be honest, reseting the farmworld more frequently isnt going to Ruin the "expert-ness" as u put it. The dragons themselves Do nothing to the progression of the pack. Except flight when your dragon gets to stage 2-3.... That being said, before i had a dragon i had already hippogryph tamed which could help me fly.

Timmypwn and Punane like this.
  4. SilverRose13

SilverRose13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    I'm in favor of this, if you think having the chance of having dragons ruins the expertness, than so do the loot chests given by the modpack itself. The dragons loot themselves is mostly used for armor anyway.

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Iam in favor of this aswell dragons are cool

Punane likes this.
  6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:16 PM
    Not saying no to this, but just keep in mind, if this changes, quarries and anything a like are going to be harder to keep running for longer periods of time

7. dragon87tamer

Local Time:
    yeah that is understandable, and i accept the lose of my items :D (also u can use the nether to farm ores except nuclear craft (dont know what else isnt in the nether) Also, i do understand that quarries in the farmworld, will be harder to maintain, but its also an expert pack, things are suppose to be harder :D

Punane likes this.
  8. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    We could run a test of it for x amount of months and see how meney is whining about it

9. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I cant see any negative if it was moved to a weekly reset or something similar

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    They are no longer special if everyone does have one.

11. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Well Dragontamer has his dragon now (thanks to yours truly) Also gave one today to Hanoverfist and 1 more player im not naming because im not sure he knows yet :D

When the Farmworld resets in 3 days, i should be having an ample amount of dragon eggs to give out. I set homes in most dragon nests i discovered that have female dragons (which drop eggs).

If the reset doesnt mess with genders, i should have between 8 and 12 eggs to give out to people. So keep an eye out for chat if you like to be the proud owner of a dragon after Januari 1st.

12. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:16 PM
    Decided against.