1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Enigmatica 2 Expert Server Launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirWill, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    Its already way to close to server stability without people having big bases.
    254 Mods I would have recommended to go even lower. ;-)

2. amice101

amice101 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:52 PM
    Make the server bigger and stronger you're not a small community you can easily grow a popular server instead of just being the rut of the yard mym has so much possibilities without sending players to different servers as theres no room in the inn

3. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You cant make a server "stronger"....
    You could create another server. But there is a limitation to the minecraft engine.

4. amice101

Local Time:
    You add more ram to it and give it a bigger better processor thats what making it stronger means

5. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    the machines, the servers are running on, cannot really be approved. More ram and bigger better processor do not really help with Minecraft when you reach a certain threshold.

6. amice101

Local Time:
    so what about all these other servers running the same pack with like 30-50 people on them running fine?

7. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Do they support plugins and could you provide me with links via pm? :p

8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:52 PM
    We could change the server to have one hundred slots, it doesn't mean you'd want to play on that server with the performance hit. Just because a server may hold fifty people it does not mean there are fifty active players. We also figure a rough number where TPS will stay at twenty, calculate in enough space for the extra players before performance is an issue and viola server cap.

Of the few servers I've found listed for this particular mod pack that were actually online during polling are: whitelisted, out of date, or both. I found 0 with slots over twenty players. You also have to take into consideration they may say 40/50 players, but you are assuming they are giving you the number of players for the pack rather than across their network/hub which happens more than you'd think.

I'm with knoxz if you know a server that is running at a higher capacity and isn't having performance problems I'd like to see what their admins are up to!

Punane likes this.
  9. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:52 PM
    Get yourself a rank, problem solved.

10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    I am going to lock this thread. Seems like the discussion has gotten really out of hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.