1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Events and Balancing playtime

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Jitrid, Jul 28, 2019.

1. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    oh, is this a suggestion for events? well ok

2. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:34 AM
    I mean the title of the post is:
    "Events and Balancing playtime"

3. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    yeah but i read it as two seperate things lol
    events
    AND
    balancing playtime

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:34 PM
  5. LadyRen13

LadyRen13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    Would it be possible to set a daily play time limit?

Have the player log in, but say at the 2 hr mark they get booted, until the next day. Keeps players even, as it only allows 2 hrs per day of active play time. This would encourage players to get passive gathering set up early in the event. (Time limit could be higher if needed, though we have to keep in mind, most players have school, work, and other activities of daily living)

This would cause the player to have to budget their time and how they use it daily. Then if it is a month long event, the total hrs for a 30 day month would be (2hr x 30days= 60 hrs total for the event or any set time limit for the event), whoever progressed the furthest, wins as they budged their time the best and accomplished the most.

Not even sure if this is able to be done but that's my 2 cents!

6. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:34 AM
    My first thought was adding Daily limits, but I do not believe limiting playtime is the answer here, and personally it would turn me off from joining any event.
    (Not that I have been active in them either but im not going to go into that here haha)

7. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    Hey all!
    Jitrid and I are hard at work implementing something that will be able to do this.

Currently, we have a GUI, a config to populate it, player storage and some other things. In the album below I will include a few screenshots of our progress with some comments on each. Please note: We are both novices when it comes to Bukkit and Java so the code may be a bit inefficient or funky in some spots until we work it all out. Code is on GitHub in a private repository and it will be made public when the plugin actually has functionality befitting of it's name.

Just so you know, we have not forgotten about this. I've invested about 20 hours of development time into it, and Jitrid has also invested some of his own time (not sure the exact figure). Please be patient with us lol

roobarb2 and Aerydar like this.